Kraton Replacing Droop Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RW-75

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
As part of my 1st run preparation im replacing the droop screws with the Arrma double socket button head screws (AR727410) & wondered on the quickest/easiest way?. I'm assuming i'll have to fully remove the lower Arms? Or is there a quicker way? Any tips or advise would great! (Apologies for stupid question but this will be 1st time working on my Kraton!)

If it's the first time preparation i would go for a bulkhead removal, it's 5 screws for the back, 8 for the front. In addition for the access to the droop screws, you'll also have an opportunity to verify the gear mesh at the diffs.

It's quicker than removing the a-arms i think.
On the rear it's the 4 screws that hold the bulkhead to the chassis, plus 1 that connects it to the rear brace.
On the front it's 4 for the bulkhead, 2 for the steering rack, 1 for the brace and 1 for the servo arm linkage.

It varies a bit by model, but i think it should be it.

Yeah you have to remove the bottom A arms to thread them in from the bottom
Thanks ? assumed that was the case but thought it's worth asking anyway!. Will i get away with just taking hinge pin out & swinging Lower arm out to access underside or do top front arms have to come out also?
If it's the first time preparation i would go for a bulkhead removal, it's 5 screws for the back, 8 for the front. In addition for the access to the droop screws, you'll also have an opportunity to verify the gear mesh at the diffs.

It's quicker than removing the a-arms i think.
On the rear it's the 4 screws that hold the bulkhead to the chassis, plus 1 that connects it to the rear brace.
On the front it's 4 for the bulkhead, 2 for the steering rack, 1 for the brace and 1 for the servo arm linkage.

It varies a bit by model, but i think it should be it.
Thanks Yonic I'll have a look at that when I get to work on it! ?

Thanks ? assumed that was the case but thought it's worth asking anyway!. Will i get away with just taking hinge pin out & swinging Lower arm out to access underside or do top front arms have to come out also?
Yep there won't be any need to remove the top arms, only the front lower hinge pin brace/bumper. @Yonic 's suggestion will work too and gives the opportunity to check the innards as well if you wanted to ?️

Yep there won't be any need to remove the top arms, only the front lower hinge pin brace/bumper. @Yonic 's suggestion will work too and gives the opportunity to check the innards as well if you wanted to ?
Thanks Guys, very helpful !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back