Replacing Fury Mega spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davmbar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I recently installed a traxxas 12t brushed motor in my fury and found the plastic spur gear has a section of teeth worn out after using it twice. Is there an aluminum spur gear i can replace the plastic one with? Or do i just replace it with the same 87 tooth plastic spur gear? Anything else i should replace like the slipper pads?? Thank you

I race with a brushless ARRMA Fury and am using the stock plastic gears without any problems. I would be sure that you have your gear mesh set right and that the slipper isn't too tight.

You can switch to 32 pitch gears which are more durable using the AR310404 HD 54T SPUR GEAR (0.8Mod/32dp) or HD 57T SPUR GEAR (0.8MOD/32DP). Hot Racing also makes steel 32 pitch spur gears that fit the ARRMA Fury.

Best regards,
Brian

No need for a metal spur-gear!
Just go for the gears listed in the manual suitable for the BLX version. 32p gears. I have replaced a mega with the BLX 32p 15T/57t (pinion/spur) if I am not mistaken.

That said a titan brushed motor from Taxas is a tad more powerful than the stock 15t from Arrma.
It should not have worn out the spur that fast! I guess the lining out of the gears was not good in the first place.
The motor/spur-gear is lined out in the factory using the two motor bolts. When you replace the motor you have to do it by hand.
It is easy. Loosen both motor bolts a bit until you can move the motor in the slots a bit. Cut a piece of normal print paper (80 grams) into a small ribbon, which fits just between where the teeth of the gears meet.
With the ribbon in between the spur and pinion teeth, move the motor as close to the spur as possible by hand. No brute force necessary!
Then maintain pressure by hand on the motor and tighten the bolts again.
Remove the paper by turning the gears.

Now there should be a small gap in between, which is sufficient for a long life of the plastic spur!

I race with a brushless ARRMA Fury and am using the stock plastic gears without any problems. I would be sure that you have your gear mesh set right and that the slipper isn't too tight.

You can switch to 32 pitch gears which are more durable using the AR310404 HD 54T SPUR GEAR (0.8Mod/32dp) or HD 57T SPUR GEAR (0.8MOD/32DP). Hot Racing also makes steel 32 pitch spur gears that fit the ARRMA Fury.

Best regards,
Brian

I have the Arrma AR310062 48P 22T Pinion Gear on my motor. Would i need to change this if i wanted to get the more durable gears you recommended?

Yes, you would need to switch to .8mod/32 pitch pinion gears. To get roughly the same gear ratio as the 87/22 that your currently using, you can go either 54/14 (slightly more top speed) or 57/14 (slightly more torque).

Best regards,
Brian

Yes, you would need to switch to .8mod/32 pitch pinion gears. To get roughly the same gear ratio as the 87/22 that your currently using, you can go either 54/14 (slightly more top speed) or 57/14 (slightly more torque).

Best regards,
Brian

Do you have any part numbers for those sets??

The part number for the spur gears are in my first reply to you. You can use any 32 pitch/0.8 mod pinion gears that have a 1/8" bore. Robinson Racing makes good gears and here is the info and part number for the 14T pinion gear - 0140 Steel Alloy Motor Pinion Gear 1/8" / 32 pitch 14T

Best regards,
Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back