Kraton Replacing Kraton V4 with V5 Chassis, compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi All
If anyone has upgraded their V4 (or earlier) Chassis to a V5 (non exb), can you please share your thoughts?
There's extra chassis meat I've circled.
Found it and ordered instantly @ USD28.00

* The droop screw ears are narrower... Any issues ?
* There are several additional screw holes... Are there any missing ?
* Moving CNC 7075 chassis braces and 1730kv max 6 system
* Moving standard bulkheads and arms with Carbon towers.

Any issues with above ?

Thanks guys

20211105_124335.jpg

20211105_124350.jpg

IMG_20210405_144618.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice rig. The V5 chassis appears stronger in the proper locations. Great price also.
I bricked several V4 Kraton chassis. They almost always flex and twist at the rear.
I got a cheap V4 chassis from JennysRC, (removed the Black Anodizing), before V5 chassis came out, but this time before installing, I examined my worst 2 old bent tweaked V4 chassis well, and placed an extra Steering Top plate, I had lying around, at a precise location at the rear. I have yet to brick my V4 chassis to date. For over 2 years now. Also have HR F/R braces, FWIW, and used CF sleeving over the Stocker T2T brace. For how I bash, has not failed me yet..
Clearly the the New V5 chassis has been pressed/ribbed where it needs the most strength. Pretty much the same area that I reinforced.(y)

20211105_121820.jpg

20211105_121705.jpg

Last edited:
^^^
Why?
Where would you need to mod them?:)

Any updates/experiences with this? My chassis is bent and I'm considering swapping in the V5.
I've done it. 99% of my plastics are V4, including arms. I can confirm that there are directly transferable to the V5 chassis. Note that (my learning) the older RPM front bumper and rear skid plates will NOT fit the V5 chassis due to the diff bulge. But the V4 diffs & bulkheads fit fine.

20211116_012159.jpg

20211116_225451.jpg

I've done it. 99% of my plastics are V4, including arms. I can confirm that there are directly transferable to the V5 chassis. Note that (my learning) the older RPM front bumper and rear skid plates will NOT fit the V5 chassis due to the diff bulge. But the V4 diffs & bulkheads fit fine.
Excellent, thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back