Granite Replacing slipper clutch hub?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I am in the process of trying to replace the hub on a 3S slipper clutch, and I thought I replaced the same way as I took it apart, but clearly I must be missing something. If you look at the picture I post you can see the hex bolt that tightens the slipper clutch goes almost all the way through, so you will not be able to pop back in to the rear input gear I do see there is a nylon nut on the old hub that is not here. Not sure how to get that out or if there’s any other pieces i’m missing? Thank you for all your help.

B5B6C6DF-23A0-42D6-B088-A1246FE5BCA3.jpeg

Are you sure it won't seat properly?.. the input gears are hollow for bolt clearance... Although it does look pretty far into that bore... Spring and bearings and all that are assembled properly?

Make sure you have all the parts in the pic below, including the plastic nut on the end ARA311033. They sell a kit ARA311033 that has everything you need.
Good luck I struggled with this the 1st time.

1670610859567.png

Are you sure it won't seat properly?.. the input gears are hollow for bolt clearance... Although it does look pretty far into that bore... Spring and bearings and all that are assembled properly?

This. The only thing is if you have an old long input gear - that won’t work with the nylon nut in the new kits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back