Granite Replacing Spur Gear in Arrma Granite Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Buckley

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Hi all.
I have just received my new spur gear and I’ve tried to put it in but I cannot get the bearings off the other one. I have managed to get the small one off of the top but not the larger one at the bottom. It appears to be glued in place. I was wondering if anyone had a solution or if I have to buy a new bearing.
Thanks

Not a bad idea to replace the bearings, but if you really want to keep the current one and don’t mind destroying the spur it is on, you should be able to cut the plastic shaft on either side of the bearing with a thin saw or box cutter and then cut or drive the remaining plastic out.

Hi Tom,

I just split apart my chassis today, prepping for a diff/idler replacement, since I sheared my left diff output shaft. I honestly wish it was the outdrive cup, instead of the actual metal shaft, since I have spares of those but needed to order a new idler/diff set so now I'm waiting.

Anyways, in the process I also removed the bearing on the spur gear to check it's condition. The bearing isn't glued in place but has an interference fit with the spur shaft. I was able to remove the bearing by gently twisting a (thin enough) flat head screwdriver in the gap between the bearing and the spur gear (see picture). I actually just tried it with a butter knife and it worked a little better. Just make sure you go slow, make your way around the bearing, and don't force it. Twist a little, go 180deg to the other side, twist a little, go another 90deg, continue until the bearing is loose or can be pulled off by hand. Ideally you'd want to contact the inner race, so you don't side load the bearing, but if you apply light pressure, you shouldn't have a problem. Also, be sure the tip of the screwdriver, knife, or tool, doesn't press against the thin metal bearing seal as it can easily be damaged. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_9790.jpg
    IMG_9790.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I’m not going to pretend I’ve never popped a bearing off with a putty knife just like you mentioned, I just don’t like to because, as you mentioned, it’s real easy to damage the metal shield over the balls! It does work though, and that bearing is well protected from dirt anyway, so it may not be a huge deal even if the shield comes off.

Is there an aftermarket spur gear and internal gears that you can buy for the granite voltage and if so where can I find that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back