Kraton [Resolved] About ~ 30 days OLD KRATON CAUGHT FIRE (fully STOCK)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread leaves a bitter taste on Duratrax lipos. Plus they ain't cheaper than the other popular brands...

I was just running the kraton when low voltage cutoff hit. First time running it. 1 battery was a bit puffy so I tested it. I now check them before a run during a run and after. Yes they do cost more than others for less specs. Not sure I'll be getting anymore. Got some gensacearespammers that were cheaper (price wise) with higher specs and hard case. Might go with them

SMC batteries are awesome.....super high quality for a very reasonable price. They have an excellent reputation amongst bashers and racers alike. I love mine. I pound on them HARD. No puffing and are hard cased batteries. You can charge them at 2c also....thats a big deal to me. I charge mine at 10.4 amps and they are fully charged in about 30min.

Tekno shows SMC batteries in their cars on their site.......nuff said. ;)

Love SMC. Small enough company to deliver good prices for a quality product AND good customer service. They are not afraid to
replace a lipo when something is wrong on their end (and sometimes when it's your fault lol). They will also educate on bs myths about lipos that seem to get shared among the R/C community.

I was just running the kraton when low voltage cutoff hit. First time running it. 1 battery was a bit puffy so I tested it. I now check them before a run during a run and after. Yes they do cost more than others for less specs. Not sure I'll be getting anymore. Got some gensacearespammers that were cheaper (price wise) with higher specs and hard case. Might go with them

I have 10 gensacearespammers Lipos now and they are awesome!

Yes the tires/wheels are interchangeable.
that's good atleast i can use those if the tyres get damaged or something

ya in the future even i''ll be buying Hard Case Batteries...whats the outer layer material in Hard Case Batteries - aluminium? which protects the inner cells ?

This thread leaves a bitter taste on Duratrax lipos. Plus they ain't cheaper than the other popular brands...
I have two Onyx 3s 5400mah 50c rated packs that I run in my typhon and I've never had an issue granted I'm very careful with my batteries in that I never run them down below 3.6 volts and also I do temp checks every 10-15 min on all electronics; but on another note I was at my local hobby shop and I guy walked in with 6 onyx batteries that were all puffed up. He had a Nero and basically every battery he put in the truck puffed on him. He did say that he was running it hard but who knows I guess I got a good bunch of lipos because I run my typhon hard too.

Hello arrma Forum members, I myself am new to Arma but not new to RC. I purchased my Creighton about six months ago and the first thing I noticed was that darn spur gear or next the battery tray which really doesn't have much for protection for the batteries and I thought it would be an issue eventually, so I did some research on the new arrma outcast which has a very nice battery tray that protects very well so I ordered one up had to drill for new hold for one in but the other end bolted right up and tell you what I will never have the problem with my batteries rubbing the spur gear nor will any Arma Outkast owners. I also installed Outcast mud guards and side guards which are taller than Creighton side guards

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back