Restoring old rc cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malti

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So I got 3 rcs today, corroded batteries and stored for around 15 years. I am assuming they are Nikko but still not certain (photos tomorrow)

Where do I get replacement parts from? Where do I start?

So I got 3 rcs today, corroded batteries and stored for around 15 years. I am assuming they are Nikko but still not certain (photos tomorrow)

If they are Nikko you are probably sol but best bet is eBay.

Start taking them apart and inspecting and cleaning. Get rid of any corrosion and make a list of what you will need. In the meantime clean tires, glue them up if need be, armor all them up and check hexes and put aside.Thats a good start and a nice winter project.

@Malti there are RC "toys" and RC "hobby grade". If they're "Nikko" they are more than likely just RC toys.

Generally RC toys aren't designed to have motors, ESC's, wheels, parts etc replaced and are usually throw away items once they're broken.
In contrast RC hobby grade it's just how deep your pockets are to how much you change, repair or replace.
(y)

@Malti there are RC "toys" and RC "hobby grade". If they're "Nikko" they are more than likely just RC toys.

Generally RC toys aren't designed to have motors, ESC's, wheels, parts etc replaced and are usually throw away items once they're broken.
In contrast RC hobby grade it's just how deep your pockets are to how much you change, repair or replace.
(y)
I know but somehow I can't just throw them away

Nikkos pop up on eBay quite a bit some of them even work too.
And with Nikkos it really depends on how old it is, the 80s ones did have replaceable parts, the 90s ones did not from what I remember.
If it is like a Nikko Rhino you can replace the parts on that and there are some still available. https://www.ebay.com/p/28033590702?...hnEHR_Z5SL_DLTDxuQZjxuYwWv5DM8lxoCAogQAvD_BwE

And going out on a limb I would assume Traxxas The Cat parts would fit as it is a copy of the Nikko Rhino.

Nikkos pop up on eBay quite a bit some of them even work too.
And with Nikkos it really depends on how old it is, the 80s ones did have replaceable parts, the 90s ones did not from what I remember.
If it is like a Nikko Rhino you can replace the parts on that and there are some still available. https://www.ebay.com/p/28033590702?...hnEHR_Z5SL_DLTDxuQZjxuYwWv5DM8lxoCAogQAvD_BwE

And going out on a limb I would assume Traxxas The Cat parts would fit as it is a copy of the Nikko Rhino.
I only picked them up and took them home, didn't see Nikko written on them but I had probably seen similar on ebay, one is a 6 wheeler. Will post pics hopefully tomorrow.

00CCBD63-F44F-4F11-ABF8-227C40A6A92D.png

Sorry took long but got the pics

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_133249.jpg
    IMG_20191115_133249.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20191115_133246.jpg
    IMG_20191115_133246.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20191115_133242.jpg
    IMG_20191115_133242.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 61
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back