Reverse polarity ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today i got a bit too excited and i run zippy 6000 packs that are hardcase and the minus looked like the positive and then POOF my esc started smoking and the almost caught fire filling my thankfully open garage with smoke thank god its only a 40 dollar pack but i feel so embarrassed how can i remember to make sure this never happens again? The esc is toast but i took it apart and the fan upper fan case thingy is fine so i salvaged that and the on off button the trucks is fine just needs an esc any escs youd recommend or should i just replace nothing more than 60 bucks

Unless you have a simple charger that you only charge from the balance plug leave the leads on the battery after you charge it. You should only charge it before use and the charger should have reverse polarity protection to prevent you from charging it plugged in wrong. If you only have one set of leads for multiple packs then like others have suggested mark them clearly with tape, sharpie etc. or get another set of leads and leave them on the battery.

Under 60 bucks I would look at a Hobbywing EZRUN WPSC8 they are around 60 dollars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back