Kraton Reverse polarity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Montir

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just jought a new 6s battery. Plugged it in to the charger which instantly stated “reverse polarity” Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Can I just turn the xt90 the orher way around?
Thanks!

The positive red wire should be on the flat side and the negative black wire on the rounded side. Do not plug it into your ESC until you figure out the problem.

If the wires are on the right spots check to make sure you haven't plugged the banana plugs going into your charger backwards.
1635594579812.png

1635594404893.png

Last edited:
The positive red wire should be on the flat side and the negative black wire on the rounded side. Do not plug it into your ESC until you figure out the problem.

If the wires are on the right spots check to make sure you haven't plugged the banana plugs going into your charger backwards.
View attachment 176907

View attachment 176904
That’s how it looks here too. The red wire is on the flat side. Maybe they messed up and wired it opposite on the battery.

That’s how it looks here too. The red wire is on the flat side. Maybe they messed up and wired it opposite on the battery.
Try plugging another battery into your charger too see if you get the same message. If you don't get the reverse polarity warning then it's an issue with the battery. They may have just soldered the wires in wrong but if that's the case I wouldn't trust that battery. I would return it.

Yes, need a picture of the entire setup. Should have been more specific.
Your Lipo looks normal and wires look right.
These get checked at the factory, I doubt they got that wrong.

Do not connect to your ESC just yet, just in case.

Heres full pack. Said battery not detected this time. Said reverse polarity the last few ties I tried

23D1E728-9660-450E-A780-9F8971C84D48.jpeg

734893BD-C12B-4763-87F6-25877B2F9149.jpeg

Yeah I have one of those same chargers everything definitely looks correct I would think that the battery is reversed try a different battery and see what happens

XT90's and most any connectors are labled +/- .
If the lipo pack was wired internally reversed polarity. That's just bad QC(n)
Good thing that pack wasn't connected to the ESC yet. Few ESC's have reverse polarity protection. Some not all.
Any modern decent charger will have reverse polarity protection.(y)

Looks like your doing everything right. I wouldn't reverse the connectors though. Especially since it's now saying no battery detected instead of polarity reversed. Have you tried checking with a voltmeter? Maybe battery shorted out internally.

Can the charger read the voltage on each cell? If you swap any of the red wires in the balance port it will totally jack up the cell voltages and it might confuse the charger.

Any DVM meter will show if there is Reverse Pol at the Main leads. As a final check. If so, send the lipo back, or just re solder the connector correctly ignoring the red and black wires that are reversed. Polarity at the connectors matters, Color of wires means nothing. But just maybe the Lipo is all jacked up with the balance lead wiring? :unsure: Also easily checked with a DVM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back