Reverse problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aflan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hello all,

I have a problem with my ESC...The reverse seems to intermittently stop...When I completely stop it doesn't reverse...When I brake during a run and reverse it works, most of the times...
Does anybody have any suggestion in what the problem could be and how I can fix it?...

Thx for your time and answer in advance...

Groetjes,

Erik
a.k.a. Aflan

@Aflan, I've had the same issue since day one, just keeps getting worse. I don't know if it's the transmitter or not? You could try playing with the throttle trim, that may help. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, as i am still learning myself.

@Blixer ,I have tried it...And it doesn't seem to have any effect...
I just bought a Fury roller, and I think I am going to switch out the transmitters to see what happens... o_O
And thx for the answer...All bits help...No apologies needed... ;)

@Aflan, I did notice that when i put the 120a wp-sc8 in my granite, I had reverse full time. Maybe a glitch I the arrma esc's?

You bought a roller?
Where did you get the original motor, esc, servo?
And what kind of transmitter are use using?

At this moment I understand your esc. is up for warranty?

Answers in order;

Yes, but it was a Fury Mega. So I cant use the engine or ESC...

The Mojave got a new servo pretty fast...Something with a curb stone and driving to fast...The diff got also rebuild after two weeks...See another post of mine about that particular mess...

Standard Arrma transmitter and receiver...

And I will try to get under warranty...

The only difference between the Mojave and Fury is the body and wheels. So their rolling chassis are equal.

You figured that out already ;)

There is a difference between the BLX chassis compared with the MEGA though. It is the used hardware used for the wishbones front and aft, and the steering axis's in both front wheel hubs.

im having similar problems ive had my kraton for about a week now and my first issue was the battery cable was severed by the spur gear while running in the street. i soldered it back together and it ran great until i broke a tooth off the stock pinion so i swapped it with the included high speed pinion and i lost reverse completely. it will brake to a stop but will not go in reverse so i set my transmitter down to look up the issue on my phone and the truck took off in reverse by itself and i could not make it stop once it finally stopped i ran over and turned the truck off and then the transmitter. any clues maybe a bad esc ive reset both the tactic ttx300 and the esc to factory defaults as that was what i was using and still have had no luck

im having similar problems ive had my kraton for about a week now and my first issue was the battery cable was severed by the spur gear while running in the street. i soldered it back together and it ran great until i broke a tooth off the stock pinion so i swapped it with the included high speed pinion and i lost reverse completely. it will brake to a stop but will not go in reverse so i set my transmitter down to look up the issue on my phone and the truck took off in reverse by itself and i could not make it stop once it finally stopped i ran over and turned the truck off and then the transmitter. any clues maybe a bad esc ive reset both the tactic ttx300 and the esc to factory defaults as that was what i was using and still have had no luck

I was reviewing this thread and found yours to be the same problem I am having. Any luck on resolving this issue? Thanks

Had sometimes trouble getting in reverse too with the Kraton. In the manual is a section that describes 'throttle setup'. That solves my problem.

Had the same.. Just did the throttle again setup and it was fixed. Note: after changing ESC settings my failsafe does not work anymore. So I had to use the paperclip again

My friend and I both just both th Kraton v3.
Both of us are having the same issue with reverse. Is this a defect? Reverse goes in reverse when it feels like it. Spoke to dealer, he said read the manual. Haven’t had chance to thoroughly read but was looking for quick answer. Thanks

Read the ****** manual! :p

ABS can cause reverse issues too, if you're tx supports it that is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back