Granite Reverse to first delay on my Granite BLX? My friend’s Typhon Mega on 2s doesn’t delay.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elef3u

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’ve been driving the hell out of my new Granite 3s BLX and loving it. My friend just got a Typhon Mega brushed running 2s LiPO. I was driving his Typhon and noticed that if I’m in reverse and slam it into forward, there’s no delay and it just slingshots forward.

It felt great and snappy, and felt better than my Granite. I tried the same thing in my Granite to test it and when I slam it into forward from reverse, there is about a half second delay after it comes to a complete stop, then it goes forward. What’s going on here? (My Granite has the Tactic and his Typhon has the Spektrum radio.)

The blx delays to save itself.. it would destroy itself very quick if it didnt..?

I'm no expert but I have just figured that's just a difference between brushed vs. brushless based on my experience with both across many platforms. No idea if that's a motor characteristic difference or an ESC difference or both.

Depends on the ESC. Some have a double-tap to switch to reverse, some let you do it no matter what, sensored ones will check the motor position to see if you're stopped, sensorless ones will sometimes get feedback through the motor wires/cogging to see if the motor is stopped.

But yeah, the better ones will make sure you're stopped before slamming into reverse. Kind of like your stickshift car or automatic, not really a good idea to just slam the car into reverse while it's still moving forward. Hard on the whole drivetrain.

Depends on the ESC. Some have a double-tap to switch to reverse, some let you do it no matter what, sensored ones will check the motor position to see if you're stopped, sensorless ones will sometimes get feedback through the motor wires/cogging to see if the motor is stopped.

But yeah, the better ones will make sure you're stopped before slamming into reverse. Kind of like your stickshift car or automatic, not really a good idea to just slam the car into reverse while it's still moving forward. Hard on the whole drivetrain.

My issue is when going from reverse to forward though...

My issue is when going from reverse to forward though...

That's not an issue -- that's the way it's supposed to be.

That's not an issue -- that's the way it's supposed to be.
Okay that’s good to hear.

It was nice to drive the brushed Typhon because that R to F transition is just so snappy. I guess that truck doesn’t have enough power to warrant the built-in delay?

Okay that’s good to hear.

It was nice to drive the brushed Typhon because that R to F transition is just so snappy. I guess that truck doesn’t have enough power to warrant the built-in delay?
Most brushed systems don't have the delay not sure why. That's why it's so easy to do wheelies with the Stampede 2wd stock out of the box, just go backwards a little bit then mash it forward and poof wheelies. However doing this is not good on the drive train and has the possibility to cause some damage if done too much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back