Big Rock review needed on big rock 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When everyone gets their cars check the capacitor that's soldered to the battery wire on the esc. The solder job is shoddy and if you bend the wire too much the connection dies.

12mm hexes came in and she got her new shoes.

20200921_175209.jpg

20200921_175127.jpg

20200921_175217.jpg

Here's a video (not mine) where someone cut a hole in the chassis of the BRCC under the spur: (skip to 10 min 48 sec):

That's what I'll will be doing just like all my nitros! ?

Proline part number 10125-10. Hoping the fact they arent belted isnt going to be a problem.

Was able to get a new spur gear at my local shop and upon taking apart the slipper clutch to install it I found that the spring, bearing washer, and other 2 plastic washers were missing altogether from the car. Called horizon right away and they sending me the maintenance kit for it but it's on order scheduled to arrive at the end of the month. So everyone check your slipper clutches.

Also going to take apart the diffs to see if they even have oil in them at this point since proper QA was clearly not done on my car.

Was able to get a new spur gear at my local shop and upon taking apart the slipper clutch to install it I found that the spring, bearing washer, and other 2 plastic washers were missing altogether from the car. Called horizon right away and they sending me the maintenance kit for it but it's on order scheduled to arrive at the end of the month. So everyone check your slipper clutches.

Also going to take apart the diffs to see if they even have oil in them at this point since proper QA was clearly not done on my car.

My grantite v3 had no oil in rear diff. And 1/4 oil in front

What do you guys typically put in in the diffs? I used Red and Tacky for my boys Hosim brand RC which was recommended by the Hosim group.

I think there's another diff thread that just got started - but the grease is for the outside of the diff between the ring gear and the input gear (the Lucas Red 'n Tacky). Diff oil (silicone oil) goes inside the diff.

About 80 percent sure arrma lists 10k in the v2 mega and 3s diffs but not sure about the new ones.

Nice...why go 12mm hex when Proline sells Raid tires that you can change the center on badlands tire to 14mm hex on the tires...

Truth is I thought they only came in 12 and 17. Saw them at the hobby store when I picked up the big rock and knew arrma had some factory 12mm metal hexes so I jumped.

Thanks. Im new to the hobby, im still waiting for my BRCC be shipped. Do I need any adapters?

Mine came with 12mm center hubs but you can put on 14mm hubs just need to order those as well. Or order a set that comes with 14mm hubs from proline.

Thanks. Im new to the hobby, im still waiting for my BRCC be shipped. Do I need any adapters?
Welcome to the hobby...

Yes. You will need the 14mm hex adapter for the Proline tires but not for the Arrma RC since it is already a 14mm hex:

Tire here:
Proline 14mm Hex Adapter for that wheel

Or...the cheaper ones from Duratrax some here some do not like....they work for me no issues. Those listed for the Granite will already be 14mm no adapter needed. Stakker MT have been the only ones I can find off ebay
https://www.duratrax.com/tires/2-8monstertruck.html

Here's a video (not mine) where someone cut a hole in the chassis of the BRCC under the spur: (skip to 10 min 48 sec):

Think I will do this as well just a slot out the bottom but still lost a bit on tape part will read more....I was concerned about water and other stuff getting in there....then I had to wake up....it still can get in there without the cut in the bottom.....crazy how the mind plays tricks on ya :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back