Big Rock review needed on big rock 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the hobby...

Yes. You will need the 14mm hex adapter for the Proline tires but not for the Arrma RC since it is already a 14mm hex:

Tire here:
Proline 14mm Hex Adapter for that wheel

Or...the cheaper ones from Duratrax some here some do not like....they work for me no issues. Those listed for the Granite will already be 14mm no adapter needed. Stakker MT have been the only ones I can find off ebay
https://www.duratrax.com/tires/2-8monstertruck.html

Thanks so much.

Another thing to check on your big rocks is the screw that connects the driveshafts to the wheel axles. 2 of them came loose on mine and wheels kept falling off. Remove the screw and reinstall with loctite (I mainly use red but blue works too).

I also shimmed the transmission as there was a lot of back and forth play on the slipper clutch assembly so the spur moved back and forth on the pinion. After shimming noise decreased and you can hear it running smoother.

Stripped another spur yesterday. This is after I tried to seal the trans with double sided tape. Guess I'm gonna have to cut a hole in the chassis.

This is just really terrible design on arrmas part. Rest of the car is very durable except for this.

New look
A3EDF848-40AF-4FC8-9E8C-00FEBA8C1496.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back