Infraction Ride height help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porschetech🇬🇪

South London hooligan Living in Cali
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
What ride height settings do you guys run? Ever since I added the additional weight from the K8s motor and running dual 4s batteries the vehicle sits too low now. The gap between the body and wheel is too close for comfort as the tyres now make contact with the body when accelerating hard or decelerating hard.

Do you change the shock oil to compensate for the sagging or preload the springs to lift it higher?

Definitely add some preload. I probably have my adjuster about half way, maybe a tad more then halfway on my rig. (all four shocks)

They use a 2000cst weight in the shocks, anything less makes the rig look, drive, ride like a darn Cadillac, ugh!

Definitely add some preload. I probably have my adjuster about half way, maybe a tad more then halfway on my rig. (all four shocks)
Does 5 turns per corner sound right? I could have sworn someone posted that info here before

That sounds about right, Arrma stated from the beginning to add preload if you wanted a slightly higher ride height for any dirt driving. Won't hurt really to add more too, other then a stiffer, maybe a bit more bounce to the drive.

Looks like Garmin 101, as the 201 is being discontinued by Manufacturer. Might be able to find one new through Ebay. keep an eye on a SkyRc one as well. They are a bit cheaper, give the same readings and far less aggravation if a Tumble Wumble breaks it!!

https://www.amazon.com/SKYRC-Precis...skyrc+gps&qid=1581464205&s=electronics&sr=1-1
Yeah I was looking used on eBay. I wasn’t aware the 101 was being still made

Edit.....I did 7 turns per corner. Gave it a bit more height. You know them duke boys are a lil crazy.

Last edited:
What ride height settings do you guys run? Ever since I added the additional weight from the K8s motor and running dual 4s batteries the vehicle sits too low now. The gap between the body and wheel is too close for comfort as the tyres now make contact with the body when accelerating hard or decelerating hard.

Do you change the shock oil to compensate for the sagging or preload the springs to lift it higher?
Uummm... couldn't you just lift the body posts a hole or 2? If the ride is fine and just some body rub, lift the body a tad.

Uummm... couldn't you just lift the body posts a hole or 2? If the ride is fine and just some body rub, lift the body a tad.
It actually sat too low as the front spoiler would scrape when accelerating and braking. Which it never did before. So I had a combination of things going on.

I did a few doughnuts and the tyres are nearly shot ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back