Kraton Ride height with Tekno Orange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalani938

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
For those of you with the Tekno orange springs, where are you positioning the shock adjusters and how does your Kraton sit? Are the arms pretty flat or does it go up at an angle? If you can, post a few pics of where you have your shocks adjusted to. I mainly bash around the house and at local dirt pits.

Tekno orange springs.

Attachments

• 20161226_114802.jpg
    20161226_114802.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 20161226_114808.jpg
    20161226_114808.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 20161226_114819.jpg
    20161226_114819.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 176
  • 20161226_114831.jpg
    20161226_114831.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 176
For those of you with the Tekno orange springs, where are you positioning the shock adjusters and how does your Kraton sit? Are the arms pretty flat or does it go up at an angle? If you can, post a few pics of where you have your shocks adjusted to. I mainly bash around the house and at local dirt pits.
Did u buy the 80mm for the front and 90mm for the back? Or did you run 90's all around?

From my understanding of ideal ride height, you will want it to sit with the arms level to the ground. Otherwise you will be putting added wear on the outdrive cups.

From my understanding of ideal ride height, you will want it to sit with the arms level to the ground. Otherwise you will be putting added wear on the outdrive cups.
I tend to run my A-arms flat so I have some down travel. The suspension can drop into holes as well as travel up for bumps. I call it droop. I like the arms flat overall.

I thicken the shock oil if I'm bottoming out bad on jumps and bouncing back up.

I'll get stiffer springs if I can't maintain the ride height. Due to added components like bumpers and reinforced bodies. The Tekno orange springs put the adjuster ring about dead center on average.

Last edited:
I had 90 all the way around but ordered some 80 for the front. Got my shipment in finally today and tower sent me 90's

So now I get to wait who knows how much longer for them to send me the right ones. Do either of y'all own a Senton? Was curious about which springs to put on it.

Gonna bump this super old thread, but what weight shock oils are people running with the Tekno orange springs.. Im gettin a bit of bounce on landings.

I have another question. I recently bought Tekno 90mm springs for front and back. Do you guys think that will be ok or should i order some 80mm oranges for the front. And like Sully asked what oil is suggested to run with the Tekno orange springs??

I have another question. I recently bought Tekno 90mm springs for front and back. Do you guys think that will be ok or should i order some 80mm oranges for the front. And like Sully asked what oil is suggested to run with the Tekno orange springs??
I’ve been happy with 50 rear 60 front. Kinda light from what I’ve read but looks almost perfect so far.

I’ve been happy with 50 rear 60 front. Kinda light from what I’ve read but looks almost perfect so far.
90 is too long on the front. If you can adjust the height to level out your arms with 90 on the front you should be ok I guess. Most people seem to run 80 or 85 on the front.

90 is too long on the front. If you can adjust the height to level out your arms with 90 on the front you should be ok I guess. Most people seem to run 80 or 85 on the front.
Yeah i ended up ordering some 80mm for the front. Soon as they get here im gonna change out shock oil and springs...

Ended up with the Tekno orange 90mm in the rear, 80mm in the front. For shock oils i went with 70wt in the front , and 60wt in the rear.. workin like a champ. Highly suggest this. Try it, lemme know what you guys think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back