Infraction Ride height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After 40 minutes of medium aggressive driving (slalom, oval and speed pulls), here's what the S7's, splitter and bottom look like.

Well! I received the (S5) today. (y)
Out of the pack !!! They have not rolled yet. :ROFLMAO::(

I had to make a shine for the tires. (y)

Now, it looks like new tires. :love::cool:(y)
Yvan :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00063.JPG
    DSC00063.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 61
When you center them on each other, it doesn't look as big a difference.
I raised mine up two full turns in the front but have yet to run it, been trying to figure out the best way to make sure the truck is level. I think my shell may have arrived slightly warped.
Put a level across the top? You could check deck height at all corners.
do those s7's get still sticky when their warm?
I think they are stickier than the Hoons but they will break loose too.

Last edited:
I have not ordered tires in awhile. Do all the new GRP's come with the "harder" wheels, or do you still have to specify?

@avogev recently brought the GRP hard wheel option to my attention. He mentioned having the "J" instead of "X" in the model number, however I can only find hard white rims. If you locate black hard wheels, please let me know.

When you center them on each other, it doesn't look as big a difference.

Put a level across the top? You could check deck height at all corners.

I think they are stickier than the Hoons but they will break loose too.

I honestly can't figure out where it's off. I put a level on top and that seems fine. And I put a level underneath and that also seemed even, which made me think it's the body but honestly idk

You need to measure from the ground to the deck at all 4 corners and if/when the deck is the same height at all corners, then the chassis is perfectly level. Real 1:1 vehicles are generally not perfectly level, they have some forward rake (the front is lower).

Last edited:
S7 tires after another 20 minutes today. I know they don't look like I named them right but I rotated just before taking the pictures. I drove a little harder today. :)

Attachments

• left_front_7511.jpg
    left_front_7511.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 60
  • left_rear_7512.jpg
    left_rear_7512.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 63
  • right_front_7515.jpg
    right_front_7515.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 69
  • right_rear_7509.jpg
    right_rear_7509.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 60
I've been so impressed with these tires that I picked up three more sets. They definitely get sticky when they warm up. Going try a set of S5's as well.

I'm liking the S7's as well. I'd like to run the Hoons but I refuse to until I get a replacement set. :)

Pretty sure I can get another set of S7's pretty quickly.

I own a pair of S2 Slicks and love them. I am going to try a harder compound (S5-S7) on the next set. Thinking the harder wheels too.

I definitely prefer the Hoons, but the Grp's are cheap and hold up so much better. I wish the hard wheel option came in black, it's only available in white. I ordered a hard white set to try.

Ebay has hard white sets for 38 shipped plus 5% cash back right now.

I definitely prefer the Hoons, but the Grp's are cheap and hold up so much better. I wish the hard wheel option came in black, it's only available in white. I ordered a hard white set to try.

I would consider spending the few bucks more for the Belted versions. $45 per set.

The HOONS tire was designed for the truck. (y)
He will give all the desired performance for the truck. :cool:
I have a good feeling with similar tires, but limited fun. :)
Yvan

Attachments

• DSC00122.JPG
    DSC00122.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 41
Considering the Hoons are also on the Limitless, I think they were designed for the platform and not a vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back