Typhon Rip Planetary gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Soo I broke my first planetary gear and the pin was slightly bent in my center diff.. How exactly does this happen? I'm pretty good about not landing on throttle and this is the first time it's happened to me. I have Kratons/talion/noto etc etc and none of them ever had this happen even with standing backflips and all type of tom foolery lol.

Could be anything man I wouldn't over think it. Could have been power distribution more to the front or rear caused it could have been a defective part you just never know. Being the center diff it gets all the power and torque directly from the motor so if one thing is off its going to cause damage. Time to grab some new gears and shim it up good and hope for the best🤷

Could be anything man I wouldn't over think it. Could have been power distribution more to the front or rear caused it could have been a defective part you just never know. Being the center diff it gets all the power and torque directly from the motor so if one thing is off its going to cause damage. Time to grab some new gears and shim it up good and hope for the best🤷
I just put it back together and the outdrive cup on the side that had the broken planetary gear seems really loose. I'm assuming I just need to add more ARA709057 underneath the pin?

Thanks btw!

How exactly does this happen? I'm pretty good about not landing on throttle and this is the first time it's happened to me. I have Kratons/talion/noto etc etc and none of them ever had this happen even with standing backflips and all type of tom foolery lol.

You rolled the dice and got a nat 1 my friend! lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back