Ripped positive connector on 4s hard case lipo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zizi8862

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 4s
Anyone have any good suggestion on how to strap down battery connectors. I managed to rip the positive lead in my hard case lipo. Took it apart and the positive connector was ripped off the tin connector inside the hard case.

Anyone have any good suggestion on how to strap down battery connectors. I managed to rip the positive lead in my hard case lipo. Took it apart and the positive connector was ripped off the tin connector inside the hard case.
I make sure mine are under the velcro when I put my lipo in.

I make sure mine are under the velcro when I put my lipo in.
That's what I always do but was surprised when the battery connector ripped. I should have taken a photo because I sure as hell never expected that to happen. Did pop the case open and resoldered the connection. Luckily saved my battery

That's what I always do but was surprised when the battery connector ripped. I should have taken a photo because I sure as hell never expected that to happen. Did pop the case open and resoldered the connection. Luckily saved my battery
We are talking about the balance connector right?

Nop the actual positive connector it ripped right off from the positive terminal on the lipo cell
Damn that sound like it was a cold solder joint from the factory

You can try resolder it by opening the hardcase... buy alluminum flux or you wont be able to dolder on the tab.. too much eat will start to melt the adhesive of the cell and it can rip open learned that yesterday and i decided to remove the cell in question for safety

You can try resolder it by opening the hardcase... buy alluminum flux or you wont be able to dolder on the tab.. too much eat will start to melt the adhesive of the cell and it can rip open learned that yesterday and i decided to remove the cell in question for safety
Yea definitely was hard getting the solder to stick. I'll keep that in mind next time did manage to get a pretty secure soldering in the end and all cells charged and balanced good.

Got a link?

I've rebuilt/repurposed packs and it is a pain to get the solder to stick sometimes, even after brushing with a copper brush, then using tinning flux to tin the tab. Never heard of aluminum flux.

When I'm messing with the lipo tabs, I use a 100W iron with the thermostat at 75-80%. My 60W iron won't touch it.

Got a link?

I've rebuilt/repurposed packs and it is a pain to get the solder to stick sometimes, even after brushing with a copper brush, then using tinning flux to tin the tab. Never heard of aluminum flux.

When I'm messing with the lipo tabs, I use a 100W iron with the thermostat at 75-80%. My 60W iron won't touch it.
I need new soldering iron mine are junk one is completly broken holded on with tape

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back