Road bashing tires for typhon (Less traction wanted)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaltron

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have an Arrma Typhon v3 running on 6s, and I'm looking for a tire which is fun to bash on asphalt/concrete. By fun I don't mean speed run, I mean a tire with some slip, a happy medium between gripping and drifting.

I've tried the stock tires but they balloon like crazy and I've had a blow out while trying to get the car to slide in a turn.

I've tried Louise Rocket tires, which I taped to stop ballooning, but they have too much grip, the car prefers to roll before sliding out (yes the suspension was set low).

I'm considering to get GRP belted S7 (medium/hard) tires (https://www.hobbyheroes.com/collections/grp-tyres) .

With the GRP tires I know they won't balloon, but do you think the med/hard S7's will provide enough slip? Should I get slicks or treaded for my unusual purposes? Since they are lower diameter should I consider moving from the 14 tooth to 16 tooth pinion?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

I also have a typhon 6s and im considering those same tires for the same purpose!!! im just gonna order the slicks in s7 but im curious what you ended up doing. did you buy the grp's? or have you found anything that you can rip/slide around on asphalt with and not destroy the tires?
thanks.

I ordered a set of GRP Revo S5 wheels/tyres and they arrived this week. I haven’t used them yet but the rubber feels more firm than my other tyres like the stock exabytes or the Road Crushers or Backflips I have for my Talion/Notorious. From that I think the S7 compound would be very firm and could maybe suit what you’re looking for.

Hi Guys,
New to arrma, so tyres are a big thing, already shredded my stock tyres on my typhon 3S.
I see people suggest the GRP S7, which looks good, can't tell from the hobby heroes website description if they are 17mm hex, which I need for my car. I'm overseas (Singapore) and it's hard to get parts here, so buying from the US is best for quality kit.
Also, anyone have any suggestions on which spare parts I should stock up on? I'm sure there a few which get bent :)
Thanks, roy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back