Typhon Road racing/high grip set up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Have set up a few off road RC’s but need to starting advice with my Typhon?

I’ll be running on road and other high grip surface so wanted some good starting point for diff/shock oils, not speed runs just blasting about.

I was thinking 60w shock oil F & R

F/C/R diffs I only have 100k in my stash so wanted ideas on what to get in as a starting point.

What do you guys run?

I still run my V3 with stock oils all around..
7k/10k/7k

When im due rebuilding my centre im goin up a bit.. Cause i want my FW to have more grip/less spinning.. Might go 15k/20k..
Goin to see what that does with 7k F&R..
Might need to change those later on..

Shocks are also still stock.. Both oils and preload.. Im happy with those..

haven't run my buggy on a track though..

Thanks I’ll look into that, long way off my E Revo’s 100k/20m/100k

No one else running a street set up?

Thanks I’ll look into that, long way off my E Revo’s 100k/20m/100k

No one else running a street set up?
I would up the center diff CST a bit. Test from there. One adjustment at a time.

I run my V4 6s typhon on pavement a lot since I live in a city. Use the Duratrax Banditos as my tire. They have so much grip that if I want to take a fast turn at full lock I have to keep my shocks at almost the lowest ride height possible or I will traction roll instead of slide. After about 6 runs I replaced the center diff oil with 100k wt oil (stock spec) and the rear oil with 30k wt (higher than stock I believe). Then got lazy and the front diff is still box stock. I feel like noticed a bit of difference with the higher oil wt in the rear but I am not going to pretend I am in tune with the car to claim a world altering difference. It seems like the car does "push out" when turning a bit and has a bit less rear diff action which is pretty much what everyone says will happen when you go up in rear diff wt. Like I said though its very subtle and is pretty much what any explanation on diff fluid tuning said would happen so it could just be placebo. Adjusting the preload on the shocks definitely alters the handling characteristics significantly more than I think diff fluid has. I planned to bump the front and rear to 60k wt fluid but my LHS only had 30k and 100k when I was there.

If you are wanting to play with shocks I would think that for on road you would want a higher wt than stock shock oil, though if you leave the stock springs on you risk "overdamping" you shocks. So I think Ideally you would want a shorter but stiffer spring if you significantly bump your shock oil wt up. I am taking somewhat of a guess though as like I said I'm just a casual basher.

As it stands the car will wheelie no problem on the street with 6S batteries, tops basically at the limits of the tires most of the time (with the brake setting turned up), and traction rolls if its not at basically the lowest ride height. It also seems very stable to me at any speeds I've been able to get it up to, which isn't much since l still have the smaller pinion in, and live in a city area so haven't found a good speed run area.

So I’m thinking of starting with

F/C/R

60k 100k 60k

Or

60k 100k 30k

And go front there

does anyone know the stock diff oil setup in the limitless?

I am sure a locked spool will be a good option with the Infraction.

??

Came back to see some comments so thought ‘great some more feedback’ to find we are talking Infraction haha

Infraction is
10k / 100k / 10k

Limitless is
10k / spool(locked) / 10k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back