Infraction Road to 120mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedondoBeachRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Limitless
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Mojave
  8. Senton 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
  10. Typhon 3s
I have a couple of Infraction builds. One runs (stock body) and the other is getting there (GT body).

Wanted to start keeping a log of its progress on my road to 120mph.

Current setup:
- Infraction V2
- XLX2 ESC
- TP4070cm 2200kv
- Scorched front diff locker
- limitless 34t spool Mod1
- Tekno 30t pinion Mod1
- 9500mAh 90c CHNL w/ 8mm bullets
- Perfect Pass Throttle Controller

Most recent run I was able to reach 105mph.
C967C516-84A0-46A9-A2C4-215C90AFAF69.jpeg

1DCEEF04-4C5F-4B94-AD60-A04719D25D6C.jpeg

8F86A9CC-51A8-48E4-B6E5-36045796C05D.jpeg

I’ve since added a long spool.
882F0CBE-E7A3-46E1-92D0-C1866AEEE064.jpeg

Hopefully, tonight I’ll be able to run it. I haven’t been looking at the data logs but once I start getting consistent numbers on this setup I’ll start pull those logs and see what changes can be made.

I was told to start recording videos as well, so I might have to create a YouTube account for that as well.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

8FED8B3B-92DF-4171-A900-F4145A3A8BDD.jpeg

You've got a great setup bro but you need to give it a lot more room and you'll see that number climb fast. The 105mph pass is only about 1200ft for the actual run itself if you could push that to 2000ft so GPS would show about 4000ft total you'd pick up I'd guess another 15+ mph. On 6s almost same setup but with TP 4050 2100kv I pulled 126mph on the same gearing with my Limitless but again pass was a good 2000ft for the run 4000ft total.

You've got a great setup bro but you need to give it a lot more room and you'll see that number climb fast. The 105mph pass is only about 1200ft for the actual run itself if you could push that to 2000ft so GPS would show about 4000ft total you'd pick up I'd guess another 15+ mph. On 6s almost same setup but with TP 4050 2100kv I pulled 126mph on the same gearing with my Limitless but again pass was a good 2000ft for the run 4000ft total.

That’s the tough part is finding the space in Los Angeles.

The spot I’m practicing at I could probably add another 400ft. You’re absolutely right, I need that space. And as Raz would say.. I’m not letting it breathe lol. After a bunch of practice runs and crashes the truck is staying pretty straight now so I feel comfortable staying on full throttle longer.

I might go out tomorrow and try again for the 110-115mph run.

Tonights fastest run was 93mph.

Hiccups on today’s runs.

Had so much trouble keep this thing straight. No matter how many times I’ve corrected steering trim it just kept wanting to sway left.

In frustration I forgot about letting it cool between passes and ran like 8-9 passes back to back trying to make corrections to keep it straight.

The frustrating thing about this build is the constant small adjustments and small things that keep breaking. I keep pulling parts from another chassis that I’m supposed to be building so I have two cars to run.

I really just wanna focus of running it and not repairing it after ever run.

I’m really thinking about scraping this build, buying a new Limitless and starting over from scratch. It’ll actually be the first RC I buy new lol

9ACE5443-F879-4C7D-9F08-228A18482A0D.jpeg

30E72558-9B46-4B60-A815-EF2641083852.jpeg

96744405-19B0-4DC9-A46E-A17F853EA697.png

357C9A99-3A1F-47D0-A3C7-5D40CD7FB200.png

41A22B8D-7A1C-4545-BD82-E07CAA18E515.png

4A0B1B0D-BF90-4439-A2E9-31B9C88A5F5B.png

92FB65B5-796C-4017-94C6-B2D42674570B.png

That sucks bro always sucks when issues come up like that. I'd check your toe and camber and also droop as if your droop is sitting lower on one side it will pull that way. Also check shocks too just a good idea to check everything in your tires, steering and suspension. Could even be a broken pin in the diff cups so one tires not putting any power down. Hopefully you get it figured out and running straight again👍

Hiccups on today’s runs.

Had so much trouble keep this thing straight. No matter how many times I’ve corrected steering trim it just kept wanting to sway left.

In frustration I forgot about letting it cool between passes and ran like 8-9 passes back to back trying to make corrections to keep it straight.

The frustrating thing about this build is the constant small adjustments and small things that keep breaking. I keep pulling parts from another chassis that I’m supposed to be building so I have two cars to run.

I really just wanna focus of running it and not repairing it after ever run.

I’m really thinking about scraping this build, buying a new Limitless and starting over from scratch. It’ll actually be the first RC I buy new lol

View attachment 168839
View attachment 168840
View attachment 168841
View attachment 168842
View attachment 168843
View attachment 168844
View attachment 168845
If it always pulls hard one way, best guess is you’re suspension travel is off on the side. Could be front or rear, but what I’ve learned from dialing in my drag cars is shock preload and droop greatly affect straight line stability under hard acceleration. My guess is that getting a car dialed in for a drag hit would be a good way to keep it stable under speed runs as well.

If it always pulls hard one way, best guess is you’re suspension travel is off on the side. Could be front or rear, but what I’ve learned from dialing in my drag cars is shock preload and droop greatly affect straight line stability under hard acceleration. My guess is that getting a car dialed in for a drag hit would be a good way to keep it stable under speed runs as well.

Can one drag on GRP S7s 😅

I’m gonna try to get some test runs tonight. Imma try Raz’s suspension setup from the speed series and see if that gets me started with a solid base.

Truthfully I just preload it and drop it.. never really looked for balance.

Can one drag on GRP S7s 😅

I’m gonna try to get some test runs tonight. Imma try Raz’s suspension setup from the speed series and see if that gets me started with a solid base.

Truthfully I just preload it and drop it.. never really looked for balance.
Ya you can drag on S7's just not going to get a lot of grip lol. Definitely need to make sure droop and suspension is all even. Good way to check is slowly lift the front of the car from the center and make sure both wheels come off the ground at the same time. If one comes up first adjust droop to even it out, also do the same in the rear. Another good thing to check is the camber by cleaning the tires and rolling the car on the ground to see if it picks up dust/dirt evenly on the tires or if not adjust camber tell its evenly picking up the dirt and tires are completely flat on the ground.

Ya you can drag on S7's just not going to get a lot of grip lol. Definitely need to make sure droop and suspension is all even. Good way to check is slowly lift the front of the car from the center and make sure both wheels come off the ground at the same time. If one comes up first adjust droop to even it out, also do the same in the rear. Another good thing to check is the camber by cleaning the tires and rolling the car on the ground to see if it picks up dust/dirt evenly on the tires or if not adjust camber tell its evenly picking up the dirt and tires are completely flat on the ground.

Dropping knowledge!! I give it a go

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back