Typhon Road wheels/tyres for Typhon v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave.1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
My Typhon v4 has just arrived, and I want to take it out to the biggest area possible whilst I learn to drive it.

That means tarmac for the moment. Will the standard tyres last long on that surface? If not, what are the best recommended replacements?

Thanks.

My Typhon v4 has just arrived, and I want to take it out to the biggest area possible whilst I learn to drive it.

That means tarmac for the moment. Will the standard tyres last long on that surface? If not, what are the best recommended replacements?

Thanks.

She will eat those tires!

20190612_204003_HDR.jpg

These ar not the stock ones.. But a soft compound aftermarket.. Wich i ran on tarmac for 2 packs..

I just picked up these

20190614_130055_HDR.jpg

Didnt run them yet.. But they are belted, so wont balloon.. And are just slightly smaller than stock

20190614_130205_HDR.jpg

Thanks. Are those wheels a straight replacement?

Attachments

• Louise GT Tarmac.jpg
    Louise GT Tarmac.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Advan A050'S.jpg
    Advan A050'S.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 60
Thanks. Are those wheels a straight replacement?

Yes, there are.. Just swap them out with the stock ones.. Check glue.. And youre ready to go!
I just got the same ones with the black wheels for my V4, love the tread pattern.. They look exactly like Advan A050'S. Can't wait to try them out.

I kinda hate the bling wheels.. But black ones were out of stock.. Nothing to do about it..

Be sure to snug those wheel nuts. If you’re running 6S at full go, you don’t want a wheel popping off at 60+mph ?

I kinda hate the bling wheels.. But black ones were out of stock.. Nothing to do about it..
I was fortunate enough to grab the last set where i got mine, they sold out quickly!!

Thanks.

I got my V4 a little over a month ago and very quickly wore down the stock tires on pavement. I haven't quite worn through them but I have completely bald spots on 2 of them so I would guess they wont last much longer. After I noticed I was tearing them up I got some Duratrax Banditos (the buggy specific ones) which are much grippier and seem like they are going to last a good bit longer. The only caveat is that I have to keep my ride height really low when running the banditos on pavement because it will traction roll the car if I try turning too hard/fast with the ride height very much above minimum. So now I will swap between the stock tires and banditos depending on where and how I am wanting to play with the car. I am only running 4S and have no problems with the tires ballooning but had other people tell me they had some issues with ballooning when running 6S, so if you are going to be going for speed runs then they might not be the best.

The GRP Revo wheels/tyres are popular for the v3 Typhon, they should still be every bit as good on the v4. I have some on mine.

The GRP Revo wheels/tyres are popular for the v3 Typhon, they should still be every bit as good on the v4. I have some on mine.

Thanks. Any you'd recommend in particular? The GRPs seem easier to get here in the Uk than some of the other brands.

Thanks. Any you'd recommend in particular? The GRPs seem easier to get here in the Uk than some of the other brands.
You should add your location to your user profile so others can see where you're from. I'm in the UK too.

I'd say go for the GRP's personally.
You can get them here easily enough like you said, good for well into triple digits and they come in loads of different compounds (super soft to hard). ;)

You should add your location to your user profile so others can see where you're from. I'm in the UK too.

I'd say go for the GRP's personally.
You can get them here easily enough like you said, good for well into triple digits and they come in loads of different compounds (super soft to hard). ;)

Thanks. Is there a certain set/compound that you'd recommend. I'm not going to be doing massive speeds to start with, so I'm looking for something that will last a reasonable amount of time on tarmac at speeds up to 50mph.

Thanks. Is there a certain set/compound that you'd recommend. I'm not going to be doing massive speeds to start with, so I'm looking for something that will last a reasonable amount of time on tarmac at speeds up to 50mph.
GRP S7 in your favorite tread pattern ??

The tyres are all capable of handling high speeds regardless of the compound. ;)
Just think of it as the lower number compounds give better grip but increased wear rates, ...the higher number compounds have less grip but better wear rates (better longevity).

Personally I'd try somewhere in the middle, maybe more towards the higher number compounds so you can drift a bit for fun without wearing the tyres out the first time you use them. Maybe S5 and upwards.

Not used this shop but cheapest UK price I've found so far: http://radiocontrolracing.co.uk/epa...P&FacetRange_ListPrice=&FacetRange_ListPrice=

I have 2 sets of GRP Revos. There's quite a big difference in the compound. One set are S7 compound, it's hard and suited to speed runs. The other set are S1 compound, this is closer to the opposite end of their scale, the rubber on S1's is almost tacky and gives better grip but is wearing quicker, although I use them for bashing around car parks so it's to be expected. I'll probably get S4 next time around.

I bought mine on ebay from an Italian seller, Modellisimo Ericambi as it worked out cheaper than going through the Italian GRP website. Quick delivery via DHL and I'll happilly buy more from him in the future. Those are good prices from the store that GMballistic linked, can't say more than that as I've never used them though.

I have 2 sets of GRP Revos. There's quite a big difference in the compound. One set are S7 compound, it's hard and suited to speed runs. The other set are S1 compound, this is closer to the opposite end of their scale, the rubber on S1's is almost tacky and gives better grip but is wearing quicker, although I use them for bashing around car parks so it's to be expected. I'll probably get S4 next time around.

I bought mine on ebay from an Italian seller, Modellisimo Ericambi as it worked out cheaper than going through the Italian GRP website. Quick delivery via DHL and I'll happilly buy more from him in the future. Those are good prices from the store that GMballistic linked, can't say more than that as I've never used them though.

Thanks. I've actually gone for a set of S4 mainly because that was the only compound that the seller that GMBallistic linked had in stock on black wheels! I am wondering whether they will be slightly too grippy for what I want to do, but I can always go to S7 next time if that is the case.

One set are S7 compound, it's hard and suited to speed runs. The other set are S1 compound, this is closer to the opposite end of their scale, the rubber on S1's is almost tacky and gives better grip but is wearing quicker, although I use them for bashing around car parks so it's to be expected. I'll probably get S4 next time around.
I actually use S3 compound on my speed runner Typhon because I need as much grip as I can get, ...the S7 compound would be too hard for me and wouldn't offer enough grip for the roads & speeds I run at.

I love that you can get the different compounds with these tyres so you can dial it in to suit your driving style/usage. (y)

Thanks. I've actually gone for a set of S4 mainly because that was the only compound that the seller that GMBallistic linked had in stock on black wheels! I am wondering whether they will be slightly too grippy for what I want to do, but I can always go to S7 next time if that is the case.
That's good and do let us know how you find the service from that seller as well as what you think of the GRP's after you've tried them.
I'm sure you'll love them. ;)

@GMballistic .... I'll probably be trying that seller you posted also in the not too distant future for the up coming Infraction..?

I will be trying S3 on the front and S4 or S5 on the rear..?? plenty of front grip, and a bit drifty on the rear..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back