Robinson Racing pinion in Nero?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Nero
I tried using a robinson racing 18 pinion in my Nero and the gears don't mesh well at all. Does anyone have experience using them? I was looking at their website and it doesn't show any made for Arrma vehicles

I tried using a robinson racing 18 pinion in my Nero and the gears don't mesh well at all. Does anyone have experience using them? I was looking at their website and it doesn't show any made for Arrma vehicles

They're not specifically made for a vehicle. The Nero is a mod1 tooth size, same as most 1/8th scale RTRs.
I like to use Tekno pinions with the 5mm grub screw. Also shaft size is important. Should be 5mm also.

I had good experiences with Robinson pininions for my Summit,the catch is that the Summit although an 1/8th scale very similar to the Nero running the same brushless motor I have in my Nero now and a 5mm shaft and all.....ran MOD .08 and not MOD 1 like the Nero. I would almost guarantee you got a hold of a pinion that is "almost" the right pitch but just off enough to not mesh well. I have run Castle and Robinson MOD 1s and they mesh fine on the Nero.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back