Rocker Arm Upgrades (PINS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectroNoob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I saw in the upgrade section that someone had upgraded their rocker arm pins using the T-words Revo arm pins. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if it has worked out for them. The second day I had my Nero out and I clipped a tree stump (not real hard/fast) and it broke one of the pins right off. I have some on order for now to get it back up and running, but I noticed the pin itself if really small. I wouldn't imagine a truck of that weight and size having a suspension piece as little as that. So my question is, does anyone else have any recommendations other than the above upgrade?? Thanks for any and all help in advance.

check the forum to gka.
This user had also made pins with more stability. He also had made Aluminium Rockers which are looking quite good.
My small problem is, I am in germany and he is located in ... Canada if i remember correct.

If u are like to use Traxxas bolts, you have to make the M4 hole to M5. But thats easy.
A german guy had made a video on youtube with this issue.

Regards,
lonee

@Timritchieblue I was talking about the rocker arm pins for the suspension that controls/works with the shocks.

@lonee I saw the GKA mentioned somewhere, but didn't find a thread about the conclusion to those. Only thread I found was talking about offering them, but I don't remember seeing if anyone had tried them out and if they were any better. I really don't mind what parts to use as long as they last. Lol. Thanks though.

check the forum to gka.
This user had also made pins with more stability. He also had made Aluminium Rockers which are looking quite good.
My small problem is, I am in germany and he is located in ... Canada if i remember correct.

If u are like to use Traxxas bolts, you have to make the M4 hole to M5. But thats easy.
A german guy had made a video on youtube with this issue.

Regards,
lonee
i will ship to germany

@Timritchieblue I was talking about the rocker arm pins for the suspension that controls/works with the shocks.

@lonee I saw the GKA mentioned somewhere, but didn't find a thread about the conclusion to those. Only thread I found was talking about offering them, but I don't remember seeing if anyone had tried them out and if they were any better. I really don't mind what parts to use as long as they last. Lol. Thanks though.
you can email me at [email protected]

Got some GKA posts ordered today. Can't wait to get the rockers next. Just gotta do the adult thing and pay some bills of course. Lol. Hopefully they hold up. The stock ones are crap. I don't know why that make those things hollow.

Lol, the answer is easy, It is cheaper!
But ion the other hand, if you do not bash the Nero to its limit, the rocker arms keeps.
The design itself is not so... how to say... impressive! ;) The GKA arms are a total different level of quality.
Just if you see how they are made, with the option of mounting the shocks and not oversized holes to make them lighter.
Greg had done a lot of brainwork into them... just my point of view.

I know the answer is cheaper of course, but knowing your building something like that truck and leaving such a chincy part on it to me is mind boggling. I could see also if the truck was a few pounds lighter also, but this thing is massively heavy. Compared to my past vehicles anyways. About the only thing I've ever had that comes close to the weight was an old Nitro Savage. Lol. Anyways, thanks for the info. I definitely plan on the GKA ASAP.

Don't really know much about the rocker post's, but after hearing that they are hollow. Why not just find a steal shaft, cut to fit and thread lock it in the post. Is this not possible. Only problem is that if you can make them stronger, something else is going to become the next weak link. And you'll see part's braking in other places.

Don't really know much about the rocker post's, but after hearing that they are hollow. Why not just find a steal shaft, cut to fit and thread lock it in the post. Is this not possible. Only problem is that if you can make them stronger, something else is going to become the next weak link. And you'll see part's braking in other places.
Just a thought...

Just a thought...

I was thinking the same thing about them being a weak link for a reason, but there are a few weak links in the suspension which I don't really think should be there. I hate comparing my E-Revo to it, but I beat the living crap out of my Revo and I never had one piece of the suspension break outside of a shock cap popping off. I got videos of me launching that thing too. I broke the pin on my Nero by clipping a tree stump at a slow/medium speed and the post snapped. I know the Nero weighs much more and that has a lot to do with it, but I also clipped tons of things and the same stump actually going much faster and didn't break my Revo. I don't expect it to be indestructible, but for the money I would expect a little better rocker arm pins. Im ok with Rod Ends and such breaking, or a control arm here and there. I know its part of the hobby, but this was my second run with the truck and it broke pretty easy in my eyes. I didn't pop the shock cap on my Revo until a few months after having it and torturing the wheels off it.

I was thinking the same thing about them being a weak link for a reason, but there are a few weak links in the suspension which I don't really think should be there. I hate comparing my E-Revo to it, but I beat the living crap out of my Revo and I never had one piece of the suspension break outside of a shock cap popping off. I got videos of me launching that thing too. I broke the pin on my Nero by clipping a tree stump at a slow/medium speed and the post snapped. I know the Nero weighs much more and that has a lot to do with it, but I also clipped tons of things and the same stump actually going much faster and didn't break my Revo. I don't expect it to be indestructible, but for the money I would expect a little better rocker arm pins. Im ok with Rod Ends and such breaking, or a control arm here and there. I know its part of the hobby, but this was my second run with the truck and it broke pretty easy in my eyes. I didn't pop the shock cap on my Revo until a few months after having it and torturing the wheels off it.
I here ya! And I will always have much love for the E-Revo, E-Maxx, Summit. I love having a first gear and a second gear option, along with the brushed versions, comes great run time's. And I simply love driving them all!!! ;)

Guy on FB just confirmed that you can tap out the smaller threads for the rocker post to M6 thread and install the Revo posts which appear to be stronger, and fit the rocker hole perfectly. Very inexpensive, except for buying the tap tool.

Guy on FB just confirmed that you can tap out the smaller threads for the rocker post to M6 thread and install the Revo posts which appear to be stronger, and fit the rocker hole perfectly. Very inexpensive, except for buying the tap tool.

I've got some of the GKA pins on order. Once I get them and install them, I'll let ya guys know what I think or the outcome of it. From what I hear, I should be very happy though. I'll keep ya updated.

I put a 30 millimeter bolt and its place, you just don't have a spacer for the bearings. I did buy the GTA cantilever rockers and post studs. The pivot studs aren't tapped as deep so they're going to less apt of shear.

Attachments

• 1485070826458-1578933988.jpg
    1485070826458-1578933988.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 65
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back