Rocker post breaks off deep in rear bulkhead on Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rytek

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So the rocker post is what holds the shock assembly to the truck. One of the bolts or the rocker post broke off deep inside the rear bulkhead. I decided to investigate and see if the bottom of the bolt was accessable from inside the rear bulkhead so I tore it all down and guess what? The screw is not accessable from the inside to thread it all the through to remove it. I decided to put the bulkhead in the vise and use a small drill bit into the top of the broken screw to make two holes. Then I used 2 small pointer tools to unthread the broken half of the rocker post. Put one too straight down into one hole and the other till into the other hole, then twist then together to remove the bolt. Reassemble and get back to bashing once the new part arrives. Now I know not to remove the entire rear assembly and just drill the holes and remove the bolt if it happens again.
IMG_20170611_194430.jpg
IMG_20170611_201043.jpg
IMG_20170611_202238.jpg
IMG_20170611_202717.jpg

Go to lowes and buy some M5x35mm Hex head bolts instead of ordering new rocker posts. Much stronger than the rocker posts because its solid steel instead of hollow like the rocker posts.

Go to lowes and buy some M5x35mm Hex head bolts instead of ordering new rocker posts. Much stronger than the rocker posts because its solid steel instead of hollow like the rocker posts.
I'll check that out today, thanks man

just remove the old posts. screw the new bolts through rocker bearings, tighten down and back off a little till rocker can swing freely. Easy Peasy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back