Rocket 1650kv motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MMX does not have any type of amp limiter. I've pushed 300+ amps through it multiple times with no issues. What it does have is a stricter thermal cutoff, which keeps the ESC alive, helps with warranty etc. The MM1/MM2 will just keep going and does not care if it melts. The MM1/MM2 do indeed have more mosfets than the MMX (36 vs 30). However, the MMX has bus bars whereas the MM1/MM2 do not, which equals the same performance.

To help with this, you can easily install a larger and always on fan, which is what I do to all of mine. I have no problems pushing the MMX with 40x107mm 2000kv motors on 6S with 20T+ pinions, off-road.

This timeline sucks dk. Sucks. I reckon March is when I'll really be able to get in in with the esc considering work hammering me til then anyway.

View attachment 62804

Just a quick update. The item says it's shipped so we'll see if it's a legit notice or not. I'm sure I'll be waiting but maybe not as long as I thought.

1580271275613.png

Last edited:
The MMX does not have any type of amp limiter. I've pushed 300+ amps through it multiple times with no issues. What it does have is a stricter thermal cutoff, which keeps the ESC alive, helps with warranty etc. The MM1/MM2 will just keep going and does not care if it melts. The MM1/MM2 do indeed have more mosfets than the MMX (36 vs 30). However, the MMX has bus bars whereas the MM1/MM2 do not, which equals the same performance.

To help with this, you can easily install a larger and always on fan, which is what I do to all of mine. I have no problems pushing the MMX with 40x107mm 2000kv motors on 6S with 20T+ pinions, off-road.
Doesn’t the Mamba X also have the bus bars? I heard that was an improvement over the mamba max pro. What even are bus bars lol. I’m no tech guy.

Doesn’t the Mamba X also have the bus bars? I heard that was an improvement over the mamba max pro. What even are bus bars lol. I’m no tech guy.

I thought bus bars were the things I need to hold on to when stuff gets hairy. ...kidding but I'd also like to know in this context. ?

It means they have thicker than a PCB traces or a wire. Bars are much thicker and can handle more current.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back