Kraton Rocket 4092 Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I just ordered the rocket 4092 motor and I am going to use it with the stock esc.

Anyone have experience with the rocket 4092 motor? Will I have any problems mounting it in the V4 kraton mount?

I just ordered the rocket 4092 motor and I am going to use it with the stock esc.

Anyone have experience with the rocket 4092 motor? Will I have any problems mounting it in the V4 kraton mount?
I don’t have experience with that exact motor but it should fit fine.

Pretty sure @Rcproponent onstalled one in his exb, he should be able to tell you how it is.
I have one in my beast build kraton 6s.. It’s paired with a max6 esc. It’s a monster for sure. There is no fitment issues, fits perfect in the V4 mount ??

Mine is a 1650kv.. and my exb has a castle 1717 combo. To be honest, I like both. But the 4092 is perfect for a kraton. You probably won’t have any issues with the stock esc. Just keep an eye on your temps. What kv have you chosen?

I have one in my beast build kraton 6s.. It’s paired with a max6 esc. It’s a monster for sure. There is no fitment issues, fits perfect in the V4 mount ??

Mine is a 1650kv.. and my exb has a castle 1717 combo. To be honest, I like both. But the 4092 is perfect for a kraton. You probably won’t have any issues with the stock esc. Just keep an eye on your temps. What kv have you chosen?

TBH, I'm so ignorant with motor types, models and all that that I initially thought you were going to strap some rocket motors, as in flames! LOL

Last edited:

I have one in my typhon ? it really is an animal ?
and am very happy with it.?
but maybe it's a little too much power for a typhon ?
temperature is also good but I do have a double turbo fan and now drive a 17t pinion? and that is enough..
with a 20t he got a bit hot.
But otherwise you will not regret it and also it's nice and cheap ?

The ESC began cutting out and then sputtering violently..... I think the 4092 is too much for the stock ESC

I’m waiting on one to try in my Mojave with my Max6 / Firma 160

9DDD2710-E580-4931-886A-7C6CC648DFF8.jpeg

We had (HAD) the hobbystar version... Rated at sightly higher kv (1730) but pretty sure it's the same as the rocket 1650kv. Great motor while it lasted, did get a little hot when with dual fans but it was also very very hot outside. Threw a magnet a couple months ago so that was the end of it.

Backed down to a 4092/1430kv leopard for hot weather use but not a fan because it cogs off the line (slightly on 6s, noticeably in 4s)

I do have the rocket motor coming from China, though.... Plan to use it during cooler weather if the motor ever gets here.

I have one in my typhon ? it really is an animal ?
and am very happy with it.?
but maybe it's a little too much power for a typhon ?
temperature is also good but I do have a double turbo fan and now drive a 17t pinion? and that is enough..
with a 20t he got a bit hot.
But otherwise you will not regret it and also it's nice and cheap ?
@cobalt172 says he's having trouble running it with the stock BLX 185. It's a rebranded Hobbywing 150a esc, so shouldn't it work? I too was considering one of these motors, but if it's not going to run with the stock esc, then that's good information to have. Any thoughts gentlemen?

@cobalt172 says he's having trouble running it with the stock BLX 185. It's a rebranded Hobbywing 150a esc, so shouldn't it work? I too was considering one of these motors, but if it's not going to run with the stock esc, then that's good information to have. Any thoughts gentlemen?
It “should” be ok... but better get a max6 just to be sure ??.

The ESC was acting exactly like it would when it had a motor it could not handle...
but maybe im wrong

Sputtering, randomly shutting down as if going into thermal protection even though temps were fine. So I just said screw it and ordered a max6

Not a chance, those hobbywing 150A’s (blx 185’s) are the absolute bottom of the barrel ESCs when it comes to 6 cell lipo. Any other 6s esc is ahead of it when it comes to amperage. I will say, most people don’t have weird issues like that, they just overheat. A max8, hobbywing’s other 150a esc, is considerably more capable.

Sputtering, randomly shutting down as if going into thermal protection even though temps were fine. So I just said screw it and ordered a max6
That sounds like your motor is missing a phase. Brushless motors are a three phase design. Missing one phase has this effect. This could be a bad ESC. Could be a bad motor. Could be a bad wire or connector. You will have to swap parts until you find the culprit.

hmmmmmm
That sounds like your motor is missing a phase. Brushless motors are a three phase design. Missing one phase has this effect. This could be a bad ESC. Could be a bad motor. Could be a bad wire or connector. You will have to swap parts until you find the culprit.

Well, the motor worked fine for a while then started the sputtering. It does resemble a 3rd wire being a bad connection.... Ill be able to trouble shoot this later this week.

Im gonna order the max6 regardless for better performance. along with alum diff cases and chassis braces
Not a chance, those hobbywing 150A’s (blx 185’s) are the absolute bottom of the barrel ESCs when it comes to 6 cell lipo. Any other 6s esc is ahead of it when it comes to amperage. I will say, most people don’t have weird issues like that, they just overheat. A max8, hobbywing’s other 150a esc, is considerably more capable.

Gonna upgrade to max6 regadless if the esc is the issue or not...

Surpass hobby Rockets are very good motors, i run across a sale on AliExpress & bought 3 for around $120. 2 were good motors, 1 is outstanding. Runs very cool & is a absolute beast.

The BLX esc will poop the bed in short order (mine did anyway) so i would upgrade the esc at the same time. I run a MM2 & a 220a ZTW. Both push the 92 lengths cans with ease.

I'm not impressed with castle products. First motor I got from them did not have any threads in mounting holes. 2nd time was a brand new 8s mmx esc bursting into flames. Castle is fiddlesticking garbage

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back