Rocket motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBadazz

RCHolic
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton 6s
  10. Mojave EXB
  11. Notorious
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast 6s
  14. Outcast 8s
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Senton 3s
  17. Senton Mega
  18. Talion
  19. Typhon 3s
  20. Typhon 6s
  21. Vendetta
  22. Vorteks
  23. Infraction 4x4
Ordered the same motor from aliexpress (1650kv) for my Kraton EXB running 6s. Will also be paired with a max6. Should arrive tomorrow, can't wait :) Thinking of starting with a 18t pinion..

Ordered the same motor from aliexpress (1650kv) for my Kraton EXB running 6s. Will also be paired with a max6. Should arrive tomorrow, can't wait :) Thinking of starting with a 18t pinion..
Let me know how it goes

I'm think of picking up a Rocket motor from AliExpress, either a 1720kv or a 1650kv. Running 6s On a Kraton. With a Max 6 ESC.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000379807491.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6cfc3c00YQQ4ru&mp=1
I have been running the 1650kv in my noto on the stock blx185 for about 6 month 20t. It really woke the truck up. The motor is pretty loud and i have changed bearings to see if that helps the screaming, but i think it is caused by design. It gets a little hot, so i would recommend a good fan setup. other than that, it is a nice upgrade for the price, and on a max6 i guess it can be pushed a lot.

I have two in different Kratons. One came from bicketybam’s old rig and both are running great. I recently changed out the bearings in bam’s old motor and the armature looked fine. They both run great with a MAX6 and adding a fan is a good idea as mentioned above

Got a little excited there by the thread title for a moment.

*Clicks link, oh
What you thought I meant a Oldsmobile motor? My buddy had one in a 79 Regal back in the days. Use the smoke everything. Including 3 transmissions! Lol

I got mine yesterday. Haven't ran it much yet. I wish the wires were just one cm longer. I had to move my MAX6 closer to the motor.

From the picture it looks like it is pulling the wires, but they are actually loose enough for the motor to flex and hit the chassis (if major crash..)

IMG_20210425_082304.jpg

I got mine yesterday. Haven't ran it much yet. I wish the wires were just one cm longer. I had to move my MAX6 closer to the motor.

From the picture it looks like it is pulling the wires, but they are actually loose enough for the motor to flex and hit the chassis (if major crash..)

View attachment 141822
Solder the wires onto the bullets at a 90* angle instead of straight up and down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back