Typhon Rocks in steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilzeus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, I'm learning that my favorite bash spot nearby is notorious for getting rocks in my Typhon 3s steering. I've gone through the OE servo already (probably due to the larger tires) but the budget Amazon 20kg replacement is working well despite the rocks jamming it up.
I know there are dust nets you can get but I was curious if anyone else has their own solutions? I think the nets don't protect the front where the rocks are getting in. One idea I just thought of was to glue/screw something under the steering to fill in the space so no rocks can get in there.

Thanks for the idears!

PS: I've replaced the steering bushings with bearings and the difference is incredible. For $4 its a must, IMO.

I cut and glued pieces of a tool box drawer liner to close that entire area off on my Senton.
One piece to cover the top and another piece with a slit on it so the steering arm can run through it to protect from the wheel kicking anything through the steering arm opening.
And I use the drawer liner to line my battery trays (even wrap batteries now) to help from hard landings.

I'll get a picture of it later today.

Hey guys, I'm learning that my favorite bash spot nearby is notorious for getting rocks in my Typhon 3s steering. I've gone through the OE servo already (probably due to the larger tires) but the budget Amazon 20kg replacement is working well despite the rocks jamming it up.
I know there are dust nets you can get but I was curious if anyone else has their own solutions? I think the nets don't protect the front where the rocks are getting in. One idea I just thought of was to glue/screw something under the steering to fill in the space so no rocks can get in there.

Thanks for the idears!

PS: I've replaced the steering bushings with bearings and the difference is incredible. For $4 its a must, IMO.
Dustymotors.com

Yeah it is a pain. I’m thinking about a dusty motors cover. Where I drive mostly, the gravel seems not much better than course river sand and steering bind is something I regularly have to deal with and it is painfully annoying

I was really hoping Arrma would have addressed the design on the front of the 3s models. I think I would have rather had a 3s Typhon than the 6s I have. ALMOST. I would like to have 1 of all the 3s rigs. I've completely wore my BRCC out and it's still so much fun even though it kinda goes where ever it wants. Kinda like herding cats.

I do like my 3S Typhon better than I expected to, to be honest. My preference is probably still for the 6S line but no regrets over the 3S. My only annoyance is that the platform isn't self cleaning ie traps all the rubbish kicked into it from the front wheels

So, I found some packing material to use. This stuff is fairly soft so even if they interfered or came loose they'd get chewed up. However, on my first bash after this I got a smaller rock jammed on the upper side of the arms. lol
If you watch my vids the biggest landing are on soft, powdery dirt with lots of gravel and an area with gravel on top. There's a nice cloud after each one so she's digging in like a scoop and collecting dirt and gravel. My steering bearings are already dirty. I need to work on my editing. :)
20190626_155315.jpg
20190626_155325.jpg
20190626_155335.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back