Rockslide Mod #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Vorteks
There are 2 steering servos on the Rockslide.
The front quit after some harsh crawling over sofa cushions, shoes and throw pillows.
Redcat was great about sending a replacement, got it 2 days after submitting the claim!
That's some awesome service!!!
Figured, "what the hey" and got a pair of Tactic TSX55 Ultra-Torque servos from Tower.
It was prob overkill going with the Ultra versus just the High Torque, but for a couple bucks more, "why not?"
Lesson learned from my first servo change, zero out the servo before installing...

Rockslide Tactic Servos.png

There are 2 steering servos on the Rockslide.
The front quit after some harsh crawling over sofa cushions, shoes and throw pillows.
Redcat was great about sending a replacement, got it 2 days after submitting the claim!
That's some awesome service!!!
Figured, "what the hey" and got a pair of Tactic TSX55 Ultra-Torque servos from Tower.
It was prob overkill going with the Ultra versus just the High Torque, but for a couple bucks more, "why not?"
Lesson learned from my first servo change, zero out the servo before installing...

View attachment 1877
Seems good steve! Planning on replacing those Tamiya plugs?

Seems good steve! Planning on replacing those Tamiya plugs?

LOL!
Agreed, the Tamiya plus are a pain.
But won't be replacing them.
Crawlers are not mega-speed beasts, they run best with the old fashioned brushed motor because of their superior torque.
Since I won't be running LiPos in it, (mfg discourages using LiPos on this, replacement ECSs are $60) I got a couple of deans to tamiya adapters.
The NiMh's are only 1800-2000 anyway.
An old lady in a walker with tennis balls can walk faster than this puppy at top speed... :cool:

LOL!
Agreed, the Tamiya plus are a pain.
But won't be replacing them.
Crawlers are not mega-speed beasts, they run best with the old fashioned brushed motor because of their superior torque.
Since I won't be running LiPos in it, (mfg discourages using LiPos on this, replacement ECSs are $60) I got a couple of deans to tamiya adapters.
The NiMH's are only 1800-2000 anyway.
An old lady in a walker with tennis balls can walk faster than this puppy at top speed... :cool:
haha time to switch the stock arrma nimh battery to tamiya plug? Just kidding though, would probably require more "wasted" effort to do that... unless you have done that already? I think I might have since I have a lot of time on my hands now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back