Rod end specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granite

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Anybody knows what type/size of plastic rod ends i have to look out for to buy from ebay? Ive broken a few already and seen that ebay sells them in packs that contain quite a few. The official set is more expensive and has fewer pieces so the ebay packs look like a great idea. Thanks people

Anybody knows what type/size of plastic rod ends i have to look out for to buy from ebay? Ive broken a few already and seen that ebay sells them in packs that contain quite a few. The official set is more expensive and has fewer pieces so the ebay packs look like a great idea. Thanks people
Do you have the metal BLS/BLX turnbuckles installed, and the plastic rod end broke or stripped out? The rear turnbuckle has 2 per shaft (inner AND outter) and they are called "ball cup rod ends- 3mm hole in the rod ends for insertion of the 3mm turnbuckle shaft. The front has a 3mm ball cup rod end for the inner, and 3mm "LONG rod end" as in the photo. In time, I'd like to upgrade my turnbuckles to the 4mm, sturdier/thicker turnbuckles. But you don't want to do that yourself unless you're prepared to invest in upgrades for all the components that will be affected by a more durable and sturdier or rigid means of turning. Am I being clear enough with how I'm talking? I don't want to be misunderstood by how I state anything.

Attachments

• 14842443995882113023323.jpg
    14842443995882113023323.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 58
Do you have the metal BLS/BLX turnbuckles installed, and the plastic rod end broke or stripped out? The rear turnbuckle has 2 per shaft (inner AND outter) and they are called "ball cup rod ends- 3mm hole in the rod ends for insertion of the 3mm turnbuckle shaft. The front has a 3mm ball cup rod end for the inner, and 3mm "LONG rod end" as in the photo. In time, I'd like to upgrade my turnbuckles to the 4mm, sturdier/thicker turnbuckles. But you don't want to do that yourself unless you're prepared to invest in upgrades for all the components that will be affected by a more durable and sturdier or rigid means of turning. Am I being clear enough with how I'm talking? I don't want to be misunderstood by how I state anything.
Went to a nearby hobby store and just showed them the part that i needed and its exactly like the ones youve posted on your photo. Not sure about the size but the ones they gave me a perfect. The only liitle niggle i have is that the thread inside the plastic rod end goes the other way round to the metal servo rod. Not a huge problem as all i needed to do was apply pressure whilst screwing the rod end and force a new thread. Will post a pic of the pack a bought. Thanks for the response

Went to a nearby hobby store and just showed them the part that i needed and its exactly like the ones youve posted on your photo. Not sure about the size but the ones they gave me a perfect. The only liitle niggle i have is that the thread inside the plastic rod end goes the other way round to the metal servo rod. Not a huge problem as all i needed to do was apply pressure whilst screwing the rod end and force a new thread. Will post a pic of the pack a bought. Thanks for the response
Now, you want to be sure not to thread the rod end on the wrong way, because you need to maintain its purpose of being able to turn the metal rod that is the turnbuckle so that it will either extend or retract (lengthen or shorten) the rod while it's on the vehicle. In order to do so, one of your rod ends will screw on righty-tighty style, and the opposite end will thread on counter clockwise, or backwards. Pay special attention to how it threads on, because it'll make you seem really out of sorts, being a backwards thread. Both sides (ends) of the turnbuckle are meant to either screw on, making the turnbuckle shorter, or screw off, making the turnbuckle longer. You adjust with the turnbuckle installed on the vehicle, and one direction lengthens, opposite direction shortens.

Now, you want to be sure not to thread the rod end on the wrong way, because you need to maintain its purpose of being able to turn the metal rod that is the turnbuckle so that it will either extend or retract (lengthen or shorten) the rod while it's on the vehicle. In order to do so, one of your rod ends will screw on righty-tighty style, and the opposite end will thread on counter clockwise, or backwards. Pay special attention to how it threads on, because it'll make you seem really out of sorts, being a backwards thread. Both sides (ends) of the turnbuckle are meant to either screw on, making the turnbuckle shorter, or screw off, making the turnbuckle longer. You adjust with the turnbuckle installed on the vehicle, and one direction lengthens, opposite direction shortens.
Thanks for the advise. The plastic on the rod ends is flexible enough and quickly adapts to the opposite thread ive forced into it. Tested them on the granite already and very happy with them. Landed awkwardly and hard a few times and they are holding up well. The only difference is with this set is that u screw the ball ends included directly so u have to remove a small plastic washer under the rod end. In my case i also removed the metal washer on top with the idea that if i crash hard..the metal washer wont avoid the rid end popping out. Popping out is always better than breakin
Photo of set here
rps20170117_163245.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back