Rod end upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndaddy03

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I'm sure it's in here somewhere. But can somebody please post pics of the tie rod and shock rod end upgrades please.
Oh and possible part numbers for the part that you used thank you

Good news, I spoke with customer support about my blown motor and mentioned the rod end issue it has been addressed there are new rods and ends and will be available with in the next month.

Good news, I spoke with customer support about my blown motor and mentioned the rod end issue it has been addressed there are new rods and ends and will be available with in the next month.
Yeah I have seen those new rod ends. They come standard on the big rock version of the Nero. I have replaced mine already so once I run out of my backups I'll probably run those. Currently running 2 Kraton ones and 2 revo ones.. Lol. Working great thus far though.

Is this really the case? The Big Rock uses the same part # for the rod ends as previously, and there's no visual difference on the site:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR340093
I'm serious. Here is a screen shot on the rod ends. And it also comes with the hd 14mm drive shafts along with the hd rod ends and bigger shock shafts. You have to scroll through the pictures to find it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-05-05-21-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-05-05-21-37.png
    580.6 KB · Views: 247
I think the big Rock used the new shock rod ends.... no rod end fix has came out yet... I will look into this more after I get up.

I think the big Rock used the new shock rod ends.... no rod end fix has came out yet... I will look into this more after I get up.
Ohhh if your talking about the push rod ends then no. My bad, I thought you were talking about the shock rod ends, as that is what most us are breaking on the Nero.

Ohhh I have broken plenty of shock rod ends too.... I just have extras of all but will upgrade to new ones soon as I run out of old ones.

D
Ohhh I have broken plenty of shock rod ends too.... I just have extras of all but will upgrade to new ones soon as I run out of old ones.
Ditto. I have only broken 1 revo end, then made the Kraton shock ends fit. Hence running 2 Kraton ends and 2 revo ends.. Haha but it's been working great so I'm not going to complain.

So Saturday was my first day out with my new Nero and i broke both bottom rod ends so i went to my lhs. I Looked around trying to match the length and found that the team associated SC8 #89077 was the exact match for replacing the lower rod ends. Well the length is the same but there are two widths, the smaller of the two is what works.(I squeezed into the lower a-arm) So far its lasted! Ill keep you updated and take some pics tomorrow.

So Saturday was my first day out with my new Nero and i broke both bottom rod ends so i went to my lhs. I Looked around trying to match the length and found that the team associated SC8 #89077 was the exact match for replacing the lower rod ends. Well the length is the same but there are two widths, the smaller of the two is what works.(I squeezed into the lower a-arm) So far its lasted! Ill keep you updated and take some pics tomorrow.
Cool man. Whatever works to keep it running! Have fun.

tmp_2107-20161014_210047-1081069603.jpg

Here are 2 pics, the stock rod ends are only 7.25mm and the Ae rod ends are 10mm. I will hopefully have time this weekend to continue testing the durability of the Ae rod ends.

Attachments

• tmp_2107-20161014_205947-1617612917.jpg
    tmp_2107-20161014_205947-1617612917.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 92
View attachment 3124
Here are 2 pics, the stock rod ends are only 7.25mm and the Ae rod ends are 10mm. I will hopefully have time this weekend to continue testing the durability of the Ae rod ends.
Oh wow. Thats quite bigger. I'm sure they will work well. I currently have revo ends on the front and kraton ends on the rear of mine. Only broke 1 revo end so far so I'll leave it until one breaks and go from there.

That's great the revo's work for you, my revo rod ends would strip out on me. So i bought the rpm rod ends & so far i haven't had one strip (Yet).

That's great the revo's work for you, my revo rod ends would strip out on me. So i bought the rpm rod ends & so far i haven't had one strip (Yet).
RPM makes 4mmx3mm rod ends? All I could find on their site were 3mmx3mm (3mm for the shaft and a ball large enough for 3mm screw). I keep destroying the pushrod ends on my revo... and shocks. They wear out very quickly and have tons of slop to the point that they would just pop off if they weren't captured on both sides by the rockers and arms.

m-2qcM4m-V3M0Y9MIASYkjyzf7TFIhTEhNWQXmnhCvPoA92yFXLnVctRHVuWD6jdoSTp3IS-8OAG3zOBRYZw4SaLSorM9iBykpky49VIatd5KJFoX03BWhnFF9q0bSJnGeFMFh93FjXPklG5iw5YcZxHfLTdnQqa35nTtz6KZbEOhNox_g7ra1ppJAOo3sgyg43AyXTldJJVANBTMNKbmJYbX3DVXlZ5wkO0C4Xi5vN1WGfID6UVMqw2OMXHaxeLDS2kXzZ3h1aQsr-JftkgOZ5NkiPfBA5oog8ASj8xZJcAzuWZKx5hp04C4XH-8wBClPor_ejS2nPmu_X1r9OoZHnKTylHvoHBjOjz3c_b5pWEqtfHElA7OSQNqguwlscBDXGwKq_pJnQuHx6gUo5UmDRx7Ctl6TBRPtz5nLf0y1OVdmn6ApWOoAr6CkqKaqAhPyYV7h7Ce18jWmASYW7kAg-vup6pG9e9TX3TphCyzaMRWp67frh95r4WPyTkLLbF-YLveox9N2qg0KnbPeCrlmVf7inuGjBO35uABkh_XAgELrHR4OHs4pOqqKsReZJW87wxFum0doU0l840hHqJ4uM8rVGaXv8kAI6DHtC6BxcmzGSJ=w429-h241-no

Haven't run my Nero yet but these Thunder Tiger rod ends are much beefier than stock. These are similar to the Team Associated 1/8 Rival rod ends. Only the top ones fit, I still have the stock one at the bottom but I heard that the top ones are the ones that usually break first.

RPM makes 4mmx3mm rod ends? All I could find on their site were 3mmx3mm (3mm for the shaft and a ball large enough for 3mm screw). I keep destroying the pushrod ends on my revo... and shocks. They wear out very quickly and have tons of slop to the point that they would just pop off if they weren't captured on both sides by the rockers and arms.

I lied. Sort of. I had bought some that I found in my spare parts but enver used from RPM with 4mm shaft that fit the revo ball size. I put 4 of them on the rear of my revo, will see how they do. After reading on the traxxas forum though, the RPM ones supposedly don't last as long as the stock ones. Will see how they do. I dropped my spring rate down by 1 step on the rear (silver vs blue), but left the oil at 70.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back