Roll Center. 1/8 Buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAITvsk Racing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hello!

How to configure 1/8 Buggy roll center?
When cornering on the track, one side of the car tilts too much and driving is uncomfortable.

The text continues after the image
Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 10.54.45.png

Youtubes have a lot of videos on it, but I haven't received a good answer what to configure if such a thing is?
I say in advance that I am a relatively bad car adjuster!

You'll need to find set up sheets per brand of buggy, you'll also need a set up station. You can "youtubes" Adam Drake for examples of set ups. Either way, you will need some sort of set up station to get the proper adjustments. I prefer HUDY.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hudy-u...1-8-offroad-cars-hud108805/p-qezct2kqxzxxactz

One example would be -1.5 front toe out, -1.5 rear toe in, -1.8 rear camber -1.8 front camber. (that was my starting set up on my MUGEN) I would change it up a bit depending on track conditions and tires I was going to run that heat or A-Main.

Ride height for racing Buggy's/Truggy's is just below level. That means your dog bones are just under level with the ground (at the DIFF drive cups) after a 1.5 foot drop onto even ground and after letting the shocks rebound.

As for roll, that has everything to do with everything posted above plus it could also mean looking into and possibly changing/adjusting your sway bars and or tires depending on how much traction you are grabbing on the outside or inside of the tires, (AKA traction roll). That could also mean adjusting your camber link holes on the shock towers, front Castor ETC.. Some of that I've already mentioned. It could also mean how you have your electronics placed and or center of gravity is set up on the chassis.

So many variables but doing all those steps and setting it up to how you like will start you on the right track, pun intended.

JQ released a really good video on this recently

But I would caution that what you're talking about is roll stiffness which is strongly influenced by roll centre heights but many other facets of your setup as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back