Rookie lipo mistake.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
So I exhausted a lipo. I was going through the esc settings on my typon and didnt realize I put it on nihm mode. So it took my pack all the way down to 3v per cell. ? I don't know how and if I can recover it. Just got it recently too. Any ideas?

You can excite the cells with another lipo to bring it up enough for the charger to recognize it... another option is to find one of those cheap balance lead chargers like the hexfly one that comes with redcats... I keep one around for this particular reason..

You can excite the cells with another lipo to bring it up enough for the charger to recognize it... another option is to find one of those cheap balance lead chargers like the hexfly one that comes with redcats... I keep one around for this particular reason..
I have a cheap balance lead charger for my 24 scale axial. Maybe I'll try that. If not I'll just order a two pack of those ovonic packs. Heard they were good. Main reason is because I want matching packs for my Infraction and this was one of them. So I figured for the same price I could order a two pack of another brand as long as they are legit. What do you think?

So do you not already have 2 of those packs? You only have the 1 and over drained it?

If you have another one already just fix what you have... if you only have the 1 and need to buy another then go for the ovonics instead.. I have no experience with them so I cannot confirm nor deny thier realiability...

So do you not already have 2 of those packs? You only have the 1 and over drained it?

If you have another one already just fix what you have... if you only have the 1 and need to buy another then go for the ovonics instead.. I have no experience with them so I cannot confirm nor deny thier realiability...
It's the dynamyte reaction hard pack. I have 2 of them and this is one of them. So that's why I really wanna fix it. If I'm unable to fix it I'm just thinking of a plan B. But I'll see how it goes and see if it recovers it.

It will come back, no worries.. just keep an eye on the charger mah input and cell balance after the first cycle.. if it still all looks good stack em, and run em... (y)

It just happened. And it wont charge at all smh

3v/cell isn't bad at all. Show charge the battery and keep an eye on capacity and cell voltages. It should be fine.

If you have a charger set it to NiMH mode at a low amperage until the battery hits 3.6v/cell, then switch it to LiPo mode for the finish charge.
I'll try it out. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back