Senton Rookie troubleshooting first issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefitz00

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton Mega
Hey all,

I’m a rookie to this hobby. Have a 4x4 brushed Senton Mega running 2s LIPO and loving it.

The other day hit a small ramp poorly and the Senton did a few cartwheels. Nothing terrible, just bashing in back yard.

After that there was a loud clicking under load. Eventually discovered andI reset the mesh on the gears in motor and that solved the noise issue (even though it didn’t seem off) However, my next time out within 2-3 min I could smell the “burning” type smell from motor. Let cool, tried again, same issue.

I don’t think I made the gearing too tight, could I have done other damage in that cartwheel?

Thanks for helping a newbie

Update: reseated the gears in motor and issue solved…at least temporarily.

Went outside and seems to drive well, but maybe a bit slower than normal. After few min smell was very light.
Accidentally I hit a puddle, then maybe 5 min later it just stopped running. The red light on ESC turns on when trying to accelerate or reverse, and there’s a quiet noise like it’s trying.

Tried new battery, same situation.
Then I noticed a small spark from the motor!

Is my motor fried? Is it my ESC? I also noticed the beep when turning on is maybe 1/4 volume of what it was previous.

Hey all,

I’m a rookie to this hobby. Have a 4x4 brushed Senton Mega running 2s LIPO and loving it.

The other day hit a small ramp poorly and the Senton did a few cartwheels. Nothing terrible, just bashing in back yard.

After that there was a loud clicking under load. Eventually discovered andI reset the mesh on the gears in motor and that solved the noise issue (even though it didn’t seem off) However, my next time out within 2-3 min I could smell the “burning” type smell from motor. Let cool, tried again, same issue.

I don’t think I made the gearing too tight, could I have done other damage in that cartwheel?

Thanks for helping a newbie
Tested motor and it’s working. Then I took a closer look at the ESC and it has a crack running down the side of it. Assuming water got in and it’s done-zo.

Only 2 weeks old

The brushed motors and esc are neither very sturdy or water proof. I see you’re in the states, which is good. Arrma’s have a two-year warranty. The warranty processes fairly easy. Simply email product support with a brief description of your issues. You may not want to mention the word water though.

[email protected]
Then provide the information and jump through the hoops they ask you to. One thing they will ask you for is a copy of your receipt. That is a must have.

It’s good that you are trying to figure stuff that goes wrong out. You’ll get the hang of all of this. It’ll take a while and then you’ll absolutely love it. Even more after you go brushless. You could have done more damage with the cart wheel but it’s hard to tell without having it in hand. Usually, I associate a clicking noise with one of the differentials. But again, it’s all conjecture at this point.

Save the below link and get to know your car well. You’ll need to because these things require work to keep them going.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/on/demandw...w7f392b67/Manuals/ARA4203V3-exploded-view.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply. Will file that warranty claim tomorrow.
In the mean time I bought a “new” motor and ESC for $30, and through some trial and error, found that the motor is indeed the problem. Seemed to work when I connected to battery directly, but refused to move forward or back once connected to the electronics.

🤷‍♂️

Took it out today and was working great!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back