Limitless Rot's 140+ mph Limitless GT build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Noble is a sweet radio. ?
I’ve not seen the ftr8b, I’ve been using the ftr10 which gets around 1000’ before low signal warning. Still not quite enough, I want to get a second nb4 and boost it.
Sorry about the crash bud, sounds like you’ve accepted the fact it happens...

Looks good. Re-builds are always a nice opportunity to make changes and improvements.
It's amazing nothing is bend, the chassis and all still seem straight. And as far as changes and improvements, yeah, you got to break something first what's not bad before you consider to reinvent it...

The Noble is a sweet radio. ?
I’ve not seen the ftr8b, I’ve been using the ftr10 which gets around 1000’ before low signal warning. Still not quite enough, I want to get a second nb4 and boost it.
Sorry about the crash bud, sounds like you’ve accepted the fact it happens...
Crashing is part of the speedrunning sport i guess. It's been a while since i crashed this serious. It's a good reminder always to be carefull.
I was in doubt to go for the ftr10 or ftr8b, the 8 won because i could get it quicker and cheaper. I'll likely end up with a ftr10 as well at some point. If you say 1000', that's appealing.
Why would you need a second nb4? not to destroy you current, or do you have some frankenstein mixup in mind?

Why would you need a second nb4? not to destroy you current, or do you have some frankenstein mixup in mind?
One boosted for speed runs (big clumsy antenna, booster ect...) the second for the rest of my cars. ?

One boosted for speed runs (big clumsy antenna, booster ect...) the second for the rest of my cars. ?
Boosters make it clumsy indeed.

As for the body, reinforcements in the side worked well, it's hardly noticeable from the outside:

stonk2.JPG

On the back i added an extra carbon bar and filled up the tiny fins on the body as it needs to carry the spoiler.

stronk.JPG

Spoiler looks decent. I guess it's gonna active again if i can find another spare servo. For now, with the screws tightened up it will probably hold the angle.

Spoiler.JPG

Pressing the spoiler still causes the body to bend some. I'll have to print something to catch carbon bar and have it push on the chassis too.

It's been 3 months since my last update. Many crashes, much has changed. She definitely isn't mother cutest anymore, but she's clocking 130's consistently.

Before pictures some parts that are on the car now:
  • Carbon fiber battery trays, own cut from a larger piece
  • Carbon fiber spoiler, a little tpu lip with red led strip
  • Delta plastics Jaguar body was completely ripped to pieces, it's glued and reinforced with epoxy/glas fiber. I finally cut out the rear wheel arches, for weight saving mostly. The body has become quite heavy. I don't want to replace it yet. Spending enough as it is. The patched hole was caused by my old XLX burning up
  • Added a little aero bump up TPU part on my front splitter. Width matched up so i still see my headlights.
  • Updated to a JX CLS-HV7346MG servo, the DS3235SG i had before was ok, but had some difficulty re-centering precisely, it will do fine on any of my other rigs
  • Aluminum spoiler/diffuser braces
  • PPS motormount
  • Scorched parts Pinocchio spool, reducing the lenght and thus vibration on the rear center dogbone
  • Scorched part diff locker in the back. Didn't have enough good cups to do the front reliably as well, so i kept the diff with 500k
  • Swapped all connectors for 8mm bulletplugs, no more big connectors. I got my anti-spark system to keep the connectors in good condition
  • FTr10 receiver on my range extended Noble NB4 giving me plenty of range. I just updated to the new FCC firmware. Haven't tested it yet, but the new build in "perfect pass" feature looks nice.

1617544975422.png

Anti-spark, works by having a parallel lead with a 50ohm resistor. I hook up the middle bullets last, giving the parallel lead a second to charge the system preventing all sparking.

1617545117108.png

1617545069334.png

1617545089892.png

1617545139445.png

1617545158038.png

1617545183483.png

1617545205185.png

1617545247024.png

1617545282699.png

1617545302875.png

Last edited:
So a little update might be in place. I changed so much since my last post. Let's say bad weather has it's upside.

View attachment 108965

View attachment 108966View attachment 108967View attachment 108968View attachment 108970View attachment 108971View attachment 108972

Summing up all changes makes me feel like buy to win. Here is just a few: XLX2, new batteries, new motor, real a carbon fiber splitter.
I am aware my fpv tower might cost me some topspeed, but it will give me much better range as my eyesight is not that awesome. I actually didn't see any depth up to 10 months and i am still struggling at distance.
Is that a DJI air unit on that? Going to run her some FPV are you? Or just recording?

It's been 3 months since my last update. Many crashes, much has changed. She definitely isn't mother cutest anymore, but she's clocking 130's consistently.

Before pictures some parts that are on the car now:
  • Carbon fiber battery trays, own cut from a larger piece
  • Carbon fiber spoiler, a little tpu lip with red led strip
  • Delta plastics Jaguar body was completely ripped to pieces, it's glued and reinforced with epoxy/glas fiber. I finally cut out the rear wheel arches, for weight saving mostly. The body has become quite heavy. I don't want to replace it yet. Spending enough as it is. The patched hole was caused by my old XLX burning up
  • Added a little aero bump up TPU part on my front splitter. Width matched up so i still see my headlights.
  • Updated to a JX CLS-HV7346MG servo, the DS3235SG i had before was ok, but had some difficulty re-centering precisely, it will do fine on any of my other rigs
  • Aluminum spoiler/diffuser braces
  • PPS motormount
  • Scorched parts Pinocchio spool, reducing the lenght and thus vibration on the rear center dogbone
  • Scorched part diff locker in the back. Didn't have enough good cups to do the front reliably as well, so i kept the diff with 500k
  • Swapped all connectors for 8mm bulletplugs, no more big connectors. I got my anti-spark system to keep the connectors in good condition
  • FTr10 receiver on my range extended Noble NB4 giving me plenty of range. I just updated to the new FCC firmware. Haven't tested it yet, but the new build in "perfect pass" feature looks nice.

View attachment 137096
Anti-spark, works by having a parallel lead with a 50ohm resistor. I hook up the middle bullets last, giving the parallel lead a second to charge the system preventing all sparking.

View attachment 137101

View attachment 137099
View attachment 137100
View attachment 137102

View attachment 137103

View attachment 137104
View attachment 137105

View attachment 137106
View attachment 137107
View attachment 137108
Interesting Anti Spark setup, thanks for posting pics

Is that a DJI air unit on that? Going to run her some FPV are you? Or just recording?
It's a Caddx Vista, a smaller version of the DJI air unit. It doesn't record raw film only transmit it to the goggles (which can record too)
My dream is to do FPV speedrunning and not be dependent on my bad line of sight vision.
I have not seen depth all my life, got it since an operation 1.5 year ago. Beyond 200m i don't really see much. Ability to do fpv would be perfect. I can't fly drones without fpv sight either

To actually control it beyond 80mph it needs to be higher up from the ground, else the camera is to occupied with pixelating the nuances on the road.
This requires some fpv tower solution which again ruins your aero. I've not decided yet, how to proceed/if it's still a viable route to try...

It's a Caddx Vista, a smaller version of the DJI air unit. It doesn't record raw film only transmit it to the goggles (which can record too)
My dream is to do FPV speedrunning and not be dependent on my bad line of sight vision.
I have not seen depth all my life, got it since an operation 1.5 year ago. Beyond 200m i don't really see much. Ability to do fpv would be perfect. I can't fly drones without fpv sight either

To actually control it beyond 80mph it needs to be higher up from the ground, else the camera is to occupied with pixelating the nuances on the road.
This requires some fpv tower solution which again ruins your aero. I've not decided yet, how to proceed/if it's still a viable route to try...
Yes same here I struggle seeing a car at longer distances and was also considering placing a small FPV cam and VTX on the front to give me that (In car) feel. I have many race drones and Wings and Airplanes and my Granite has FPV on it as well. So for me its only natural LOL. Glad to see I am not the only one who has used/considered it :)

So I received my AliExpress mystery foams today. The brand wasn't listed, but apparently it's called "K Force Racing". I found their website, but foams aren't listed.
1617732627765.png

Honestly my first impression is actually pretty good. At at my balance test they show much better balance out of the box then i am used with GRP and SPtyres foams. They have a 105mm diameter and plenty of foam to trim for ideal diameter/contact surface(they are rounded at the edges)
I do have my concerns about the weight. With 50gr they are much lighter then the SPtyres (~70gr) / GRP (~115gr). How will that translate to strength?
It says on the box: "Made of the best foam materials in the industry for the ultra high traction performance that meets the modern racing needs of the professional RC Cars... 1/8 GT X0-1"

It's currently snowing so I can't test them yet...

Gave my wrecked body a little touch-up:
1617733582487.png

You can hardly tell it was ripped into pieces :)

1617733717300.png

1617733760192.png

Increased the vertical stabilizer surface by attaching the limitless originals
1617733621089.png

I printed real-flex extensions for the carbon battery trays. Giving me more room to lay the G+ batteries flat on the sides and closing the gap with the body.

1617735469403.png

Hidden Gem maybe. My verdict:
An out of the box very well balanced, light and grippy foam tire with a compound shore of probably 20, making it wear accordingly.
So before i complain about the wear, i must say i hardly felt any grip difference compared to the GRP's.

After 4 carefull runs of <100mph (2 miles total) 105mm is down to 98mm
1617914959996.png

After 2 more runs at 120mph it's down to 90mm
1617914989369.png

So if you wanna do 3 perfect runs and then throw out the tires and probably increase 1T on the pinion and reset you ride height on each run.
If you skip ride height adjustment just once, your splitter might get stuck on the ground and flip the car on high speed like what happened to mine. Some damage, but nothing serious.

Hidden Gem maybe. My verdict:
An out of the box very well balanced, light and grippy foam tire with a compound shore of probably 20, making it wear accordingly.
So before i complain about the wear, i must say i hardly felt any grip difference compared to the GRP's.

After 4 carefull runs of <100mph (2 miles total) 105mm is down to 98mm
View attachment 138280

After 2 more runs at 120mph it's down to 90mm
View attachment 138281

So if you wanna do 3 perfect runs and then throw out the tires and probably increase 1T on the pinion and reset you ride height on each run.
If you skip ride height adjustment just once, your splitter might get stuck on the ground and flip the car on high speed like what happened to mine. Some damage, but nothing serious.
Do they sell a tire road hazard warranty with these? 🤣

Have you tried those on a Felony? :ROFLMAO:

Nice write up, thanks for sharing your findings on the new tires. (y)

1618252971231.png

Got myself some sets of 50shore Foams from SP Racing Tyres.
I've ran the 37shore before and they were acceptable. I wonder how these 50 shore hold up. They are cheaper then GRP's and they don't have to do great for a better experience than my recent S7 Revo's. 3 out of 8 blew/ripped way to early.

1618254335062.png

1618254367835.png

1618254511150.png

I was thinking about roof chopping for a while now, and since the canopy was beginning to tear open, i figured it was time to remove it. This body has become so wrecked that i gave up holding on to it's original shape. Making way for a spoiler-fpv-in-one solution with plenty fov and aero-acceptable sacrifice.
It's rock solid. And if i get my blacklights working i can make the blue light up brightly making it extremely visible line of sight.
I know the dji antenna isn't placed ideally (FC above, left & right) but with 1200mW it will outrange my radio anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back