Limitless Rot's 140+ mph Limitless GT build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might just as well make the whole body out of tape, your at 75% now. :ROFLMAO: This body has been through a lot!

You might just as well make the whole body out of tape, your at 75% now. :ROFLMAO: This body has been through a lot!
Tape is just the outside, inside it's even more of a mess :rolleyes: It's filled with glue, epoxy and several kind of fiberglass mess.

This body has a though life, but that's also why i don't bin it easily. The tape is not necessarily the final solution

Nice build, thanks for sharing. Its awesome to see others doing FPV in Speed cars. As soon as my infraction is done, I'll be going on that 100+mph ride. haha! I've been into both hobbies for a while and always wondered if the flight controller could also help the car stay straight and flat during speedruns (flyovers/blown tires/etc), besides just the HD FPV video for us blind people.
Imagine setting throttle curves for a Castle ESC in Betaflight.

View attachment 139246
Got myself some sets of 50shore Foams from SP Racing Tyres.
I've ran the 37shore before and they were acceptable. I wonder how these 50 shore hold up. They are cheaper then GRP's and they don't have to do great for a better experience than my recent S7 Revo's. 3 out of 8 blew/ripped way to early.
Something seriously wrong with the S7’s IMO. I had four bad sets. They are drifting tires now. All wavy, unbalanced, and won’t go down the road straight. I fought my cars all last year thinking it was my cars, turns out it was bad batches of S7 GRPs. Running S3 or S1 from now on. Don’t care if they melt.

I have to ask and forgive the visually impaired person typing this...
What's this? FC? Possibly doing some on screen GPS action?
1618317479046.png

Obviously its a tiny bitcoin mining rig. :geek:

But you are right. Its a F7 FC.
- It gives the arm signal to the vtx, else it only does 25mW instead of 1200mW
- GPS (not attached in picture) uses the OSD features of the FC to show realtime speed and distance in the goggles. Other options like battery voltage, G-forces, ect are unexplored.
- unexplored option would be, like @wtfmfer mentioned, to have the FC function between the receiver and the esc and do some magic there, but for now my Noble NB4 radio is advanced enough to do what i think it needs to do.

Obviously its a tiny bitcoin mining rig. :geek:

But you are right. Its a F7 FC.
- It gives the arm signal to the vtx, else it only does 25mW instead of 1200mW
- GPS (not attached in picture) uses the OSD features of the FC to show realtime speed and distance in the goggles. Other options like battery voltage, G-forces, ect are unexplored.
- unexplored option would be, like @wtfmfer mentioned, to have the FC function between the receiver and the esc and do some magic there, but for now my Noble NB4 radio is advanced enough to do what i think it needs to do.
Thats actually a great idea especially if your already doing the FPV side. There is a lot of info the FC/GPS can give you and honestly is just as accurate as one of this 80 dollar GPS pucks. I'm sure like me you had a few FC's and GPS units laying around. Zero cost 100% return :)

Thats actually a great idea especially if your already doing the FPV side. There is a lot of info the FC/GPS can give you and honestly is just as accurate as one of this 80 dollar GPS pucks. I'm sure like me you had a few FC's and GPS units laying around. Zero cost 100% return :)
These 20x20 FC often get BEC/VRM issues after long time use/plenty of crashes. And for this kind of use, i don't need a 5V output, so I am actually using a FC that's no longer fit for flying, but still perfect for this application ;)

Working on some changes:

I got myself the GP5 diffs and in the mean time installing a bearings kit from AVIDRC, replacing my current ceramic hybrids which i am not satisfied about.
Replacing the ball cups as most of them have worn out.

Temporary installing a 4092 2000kv motor from MSQ. Had it on the shelf for a while and it looks high quality. I ordered a TP4070CM-2350KV to get back into the 140's. I never replaced my precious 2200kv after it burned. And my 2700kv at 8S just pulls a lot of amps for an adequate result. It was a though choice between a new 2200kv or a 5660-1636kv. As the German shop had this custom 4070CM-2350kv at stock i figured to try that one. It's rare, gambling to find a gem i guess.

SP Racing Tyres 50shore foams have arrived. Just in time as all my GRP's are at their end.

Got myself new ledstrips, even some blacklight. So will reprint my spoiler/cam tower with luminous PLA. Should make it more visual at a distance.

I got my receiver hooked up on my Flight controller. Did break my GPS though, so no on screen speed atm. New one is just 8 euro so no big deal. I also ordered RGB ledstrips with digital input. I can have them respond to my throttle input and with CH speed on the radio i can pretty accurately have them light up on full power out and braking.

Totally agree man, some of the things I see posted leave me in awe :)
Some people are nerds maybe. As IT architect i am prone to work at 50 things at once, some simple, some more complex. I guess it has it's effects on hobbies too. Most what i write in my buildlog is only a short resume. If you are interested in specifics, feel free to ask.

Some people are nerds maybe. As IT architect i am prone to work at 50 things at once, some simple, some more complex. I guess it has it's effects on hobbies too. Most what i write in my buildlog is only a short resume. If you are interested in specifics, feel free to ask.
As per the nerd part I too fit in that category, Network Admin for over 15 years. It does have its advantages especially in the electronics portion of the hobby.

Update on my RGB led bar. Made a prototype bracket for it, including my flight controller and caddx vista (removed the camera for now)

I have 8 leds, where the middle 2 respond to the GPS (booting blink red, white for satellites found, and blue for location fixed)
The other 6 leds light up intense red on braking and the throttle they switch colors with max intense bright white when 100% throttle is reached. Due to CH speed delay on throttle up, 100% throttle means 100% power out.

I did ruin my 20x20 F7 flight controller i was using before, so i switched to a older 30x30 F4 flight controller. It does heat up as it has a build in analog VTX which i am not using but does still does 25mW, can't seem to disable it. I've added a heatsink and a 30x30 fan to keep the FC and vista cool.

It does have a sd slot for blackbox logging and having access to a gyro, accelerometer, barometer and gps it does offer some nice options. Best case i can enrich my castle logs with measured GPS speed and G forces.

1619962687833.png

1619962716148.png

I still don't know how you can figure all this stuff out, but it is sooo cool! Nicely done. :love:
In surface RC we are not used to be able to change much other than some rudimentary ESC settings. Air RC has smartboards with tons of smart things it can manage. Smart people that figure smart things out and make it easy to use for everyone. Like how to manage leds is clearly explained by oscar liang
I am just implementing it on surface RC.

In surface RC we are not used to be able to change much other than some rudimentary ESC settings. Air RC has smartboards with tons of smart things it can manage. Smart people that figure smart things out and make it easy to use for everyone. Like how to manage leds is clearly explained by oscar liang
I am just implementing it on surface RC.
What ^^^^ he said :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back