Limitless Rot's 140+ mph Limitless GT build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought i has solved my 'drift to the right problem' but it doesn't seem to be the case. :cry:

As i completely redid the rear (diff/arms/wheelhubs...) it must be a problem in the front
Never seen that before. My first guess would be one of your rear tires isn’t spinning and the other side is getting all the power. But you said you just redid the rear, so I’m not really sure. I don’t think the front would pull that hard like that. Most of the weight transfers to the rears under power. The front would likely spin free and not pull that hard (just guessing).

Well, I found it and it doesn't make sense at all.
It's the servo. I works perfectly normal until you really squeez the throttle, then it makes a full turn to the end point and returns.
And it has to have at least some load, like wheels attached. Without the wheels i can go full rpm without any swivel.

I noticed when i finished redoing the front diff (which was obviously fine) and was testing the shimming with throttle on the bench. Everything was fine, until i really cranked it to rpm's which i am not comfortable doing on a bench with wheels attached. Flabbergasted:oops:

No mixes, no channel movement on the radio.
Different servo acts normal.
Also tried another receiver same. 2 servo's in mix, one moves other doesn't.
I even tried an completely different radio/receiver.

The servo does spooky action (at a distance)!
Put in the other servo and did a quick careful testrun, all fine. So problem found/resolved, yet not understood...

Well, I found it and it doesn't make sense at all.
It's the servo. I works perfectly normal until you really squeez the throttle, then it makes a full turn to the end point and returns.
And it has to have at least some load, like wheels attached. Without the wheels i can go full rpm without any swivel.

I noticed when i finished redoing the front diff (which was obviously fine) and was testing the shimming with throttle on the bench. Everything was fine, until i really cranked it to rpm's which i am not comfortable doing on a bench with wheels attached. Flabbergasted:oops:

No mixes, no channel movement on the radio.
Different servo acts normal.
Also tried another receiver same. 2 servo's in mix, one moves other doesn't.
I even tried an completely different radio/receiver.

The servo does spooky action (at a distance)!
Put in the other servo and did a quick careful testrun, all fine. So problem found/resolved, yet not understood...
Wow that’s amazing. Very strange.

That is bazar! You would think the servo only acts on signal from the RX, but I suspect it is struggling to self center?
Maybe due to one of those adventures into the water filled ditch?

That is bazar! You would think the servo only acts on signal from the RX, but I suspect it is struggling to self center?
Maybe due to one of those adventures into the water filled ditch?
Self center works fine. I do also think water filled ditch dipping is the only explanation. Though this servo only seen water once, maybe twice.

It's been a while since my last update here. My limitless has survived many crashes and it chassis was bend so much it deserved a new one. It was still running pretty straight and able to match my (top 4 arrma forum ranking) PB. But i kept seeing my ampdraw rise as my front diff cup / spool alignment was getting worse every crash. On the last crash i wrecked the front bottomplate. So it was time to order parts anyways.

New front plate:
1622892114555.png

New chassis, put in a temporary setup with the original battery trays, for testing purpose. It doesn't look very organized though. Also feels non typical me not having any 3d printed parts on there ;)
1622892140005.png

It's been weird not speedrunning for ~2 weeks, but i figured not to do a rush job and making sure every detail gets proper attention.
Technically it's ready to run now. But it's raining...

I've got 2 new bodies in order (one pending on pre-order and the other in long shipping) and i ordered a TP 5840L-1460kv(has to be build, will take another 4 weeks). I might wait for those before i really get into improving my PB. Though i am certain with this new chassis and all running low friction my 4070 should be able to add a few more miles in top speed.

So I received the indestructible Merc body today. This stuff is a hell to cut ending up with many cuts on my hands and knees...

It being so blue, still thinking about some detailing. For starts i put on a little carbon look on the bonnet scoop.
No idea what i will do about spoiler/diffuser. It does look aero sleek. Fitting foams could also become a problem.

Have a look:
1623421683482.png

1623421801287.png
1623421703362.png

Does have a nice shape, a few details would help a lot. the question is, is it fireproof? :ROFLMAO: Seriously, looks good. :)

Does have a nice shape, a few details would help a lot. the question is, is it fireproof? :ROFLMAO: Seriously, looks good. :)
Just tried to set a scrap piece on fire and it certainly does...
Guess, any body of mine is destined the be doomed! ;)

Kinda sucks no wing mount spots for sure as you'd have to destroy the rear to even run the Limitless wing also.

Stickers, some black and chrome and a spoiler can do wonders. Getting more and more happy with the result. I put the diffuser back on even though it sticks out. I might just cut it in half, it's not an expensive part.

Worthwhile to do a little photo session before it's path to doom starts.

1623582567618.png

1623582309201.png

1623582329982.png

1623582940691.png

1623582352732.png

1623582371847.png

1623582398172.png

Guess I should be updating my profile picture soon, just haven't decided yet what angle is the best :unsure:
Maybe put it back on foams first (and make more room at the wheel arches.

As for the internals, lots has changed again, mostly tiny tweaks. Ill update the later. Gonna give it a spin on 6S now, so how it behaves.

1623582263583.png

Looks better, This is going to be your lucky body! :) do you think the angle of the wing will be a problem? Looks like it needs just a little forward tilt.

Looks better, This is going to be your lucky body! :) do you think the angle of the wing will be a problem? Looks like it needs just a little forward tilt.
On the pictures it almost looks tilted backwards, but it does actually have a 5-8 deg angle

Whiles i am finally are able to sit not having to raise my foot 99% (down to 70% now) I was able to do some changes to my car. My new motor is currently in shipping so i figured i should start prepping.

Trying to fit a 58 motor and 4x high capacity 4S batteries is a challenge. For now i got my old 5694 in there.
I moved the esc behind the motor on the same side with a small cappack on top (for now) Going for 3 batteries on one side and the 4th at the motor/esc side.

1626006267174.png

I removed the rear suspension and replaced them with 3dprinted rods.

1626006497059.png

Added Y-cable splitters on the esc making it 2 x 8S. I figure 2x 4S parallel would be better, but plugging in the batteries is a though job already. 2x 4S parallel would require more connectors and a much higher chance for me to plug them in wrong.
1626006603097.png

Body fits as long as the battery on top is moved more backwards. Most important upgrade on the body are the ArrmaForum stickers ;)

1626006862350.png

Spoiler is now very low attached to the diffuser. I might still do some vertical stabilizers:

1626006960400.png

Whiles i am finally are able to sit not having to raise my foot 99% (down to 70% now) I was able to do some changes to my car. My new motor is currently in shipping so i figured i should start prepping.

Trying to fit a 58 motor and 4x high capacity 4S batteries is a challenge. For now i got my old 5694 in there.
I moved the esc behind the motor on the same side with a small cappack on top (for now) Going for 3 batteries on one side and the 4th at the motor/esc side.

View attachment 157303

I removed the rear suspension and replaced them with 3dprinted rods.

View attachment 157304
Added Y-cable splitters on the esc making it 2 x 8S. I figure 2x 4S parallel would be better, but plugging in the batteries is a though job already. 2x 4S parallel would require more connectors and a much higher chance for me to plug them in wrong.
View attachment 157305

Body fits as long as the battery on top is moved more backwards. Most important upgrade on the body are the ArrmaForum stickers ;)

View attachment 157306

Spoiler is now very low attached to the diffuser. I might still do some vertical stabilizers:

View attachment 157307
Looks great! How are you healing up?

Looks great! How are you healing up?
Still hurts and I sleep a lot. It seems to draw most of my energy. But growing tissue Wolverine speed 😉
i am seeing the docter tommorrow, hoping to get some more insight about the next steps.

Still hurts and I sleep a lot. It seems to draw most of my energy. But growing tissue Wolverine speed 😉
i am seeing the docter tommorrow, hoping to get some more insight about the next steps.
Well don’t rush it, I’m sure you’ll be back at it soon. Hope the doc gives you some good news

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back