Limitless Rot's 140+ mph Limitless GT build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well don’t rush it, I’m sure you’ll be back at it soon. Hope the doc gives you some good news
Not such great news. Even though the wounds are healing above expenctation. Foto's showed i still have a lot of fractures which can only heal naturally. Seems like ill have to deal with the pain for 3-4 months.

I know how much that sucks. I broke my tailbone, and after two years, I still can't sit in a car for more than an hour.

Not such great news. Even though the wounds are healing above expenctation. Foto's showed i still have a lot of fractures which can only heal naturally. Seems like ill have to deal with the pain for 3-4 months.
Most important is that it heals OK; it only needs a bit more time than anticipated.
Bummer, when you mentioned a possible local bash session I hoped for end of summer.

I know how much that sucks. I broke my tailbone, and after two years, I still can't sit in a car for more than an hour.
We won’t ask what activities lead to a smashed rear end 🥴🤫

I nearly finished my big 'whiles i cant drive' update. I figured I'd give a little sneak peak of the body. Initially i didn't like the base color at all, but it grew on me when i put some stickers on:

1629151476485.png

I nearly finished my big 'whiles i cant drive' update. I figured I'd give a little sneak peak of the body. Initially i didn't like the base color at all, but it grew on me when i put some stickers on:

View attachment 164113
Looks pretty promising… Can’t wait to see that Vette’s body😎.

View attachment 164113
Can’t wait to see the finished product! How’s everything coming along with the accident?

View attachment 164113

I came looking for the pics of the PS-49 haha

As I am guy who prefers functionality above esthetics, i am not that person that will make that ultimate clean looking rc car from every possible perspective. Practical aspects like accessibility/replaceability/maintainability and the fact that it will crash and break soon after, just don't make me care to much about how it looks. Yet, when i get a new clear body I do tend to set a nice baseline.

After my jaguar body was eol, i ordered a protoform Corvette C8 body. It was on backorder forever. So in the meantime I did get myself the unbreakable Merc body. It looks nice, but it's definitely too slim. It's more like a wide limitless body than a full GT setup. Good for aero, but not scoring high on functionally. It now also reminds me of my accident...

The PF body finally arrived, almost 6 months later. Almost the same time as my new motor (TP5840L-1460kv). I already changed the internal configuration. Moving motor, esc and cappack to the right side, including in fan to force front to read airflow in the body over the motor&esc. Then still managed to put a battery tray next to it that can hold up to 2 (stacked) big 4S batteries (like G+ 6Ah)
1629641112680.png

On the left side the tray can hold up to 4 batteries (2x2 stacked Racing 90C / 3x G+ 6Ah). I would basically be able to fit 6 batteries in the car, all having their weight biased to the front. As this motor will pull a lot of power, i do want any possibly to tackle voltage sag.

I put strong magnets on the body and chassis sides. These will not only keep sides solid, but will also pull the body to the correct position when you put it on. I true case of an unexpected side effect that's even more practical than the original intend ;)
1629641141752.png

The body has gotten the tamiya PS-49 (blue anodized alu) color and i tinted windows. The PS-49 was a little hard to do right so on some spots it looks less clean.

1629642706413.png

Frontlights have blue leds:

1629642915655.png

On the back they are red + blinking white, managed by an old drone flightcontroller.

Printed winglets and tiny sidewalls to enclose the diffuser

1629642967107.png

It does look a bit like the C8R
1629643135518.png

I used hub extenders to make the foams fit in line with the body being designed for the felony. I don't wanna lower my rear suspension, so their is still some gap on the top side.

1629643324533.png

I am still not really finished, but i figured i'd share some of it already. Looking forward to put this bad boy on the road :)

It's been 3 months since my last update. Many crashes, much has changed. She definitely isn't mother cutest anymore, but she's clocking 130's consistently.

Before pictures some parts that are on the car now:
  • Carbon fiber battery trays, own cut from a larger piece
  • Carbon fiber spoiler, a little tpu lip with red led strip
  • Delta plastics Jaguar body was completely ripped to pieces, it's glued and reinforced with epoxy/glas fiber. I finally cut out the rear wheel arches, for weight saving mostly. The body has become quite heavy. I don't want to replace it yet. Spending enough as it is. The patched hole was caused by my old XLX burning up
  • Added a little aero bump up TPU part on my front splitter. Width matched up so i still see my headlights.
  • Updated to a JX CLS-HV7346MG servo, the DS3235SG i had before was ok, but had some difficulty re-centering precisely, it will do fine on any of my other rigs
  • Aluminum spoiler/diffuser braces
  • PPS motormount
  • Scorched parts Pinocchio spool, reducing the lenght and thus vibration on the rear center dogbone
  • Scorched part diff locker in the back. Didn't have enough good cups to do the front reliably as well, so i kept the diff with 500k
  • Swapped all connectors for 8mm bulletplugs, no more big connectors. I got my anti-spark system to keep the connectors in good condition
  • FTr10 receiver on my range extended Noble NB4 giving me plenty of range. I just updated to the new FCC firmware. Haven't tested it yet, but the new build in "perfect pass" feature looks nice.

View attachment 137096
Anti-spark, works by having a parallel lead with a 50ohm resistor. I hook up the middle bullets last, giving the parallel lead a second to charge the system preventing all sparking.

View attachment 137101

View attachment 137099
View attachment 137100
View attachment 137102

View attachment 137103

View attachment 137104
View attachment 137105

View attachment 137106
View attachment 137107
View attachment 137108
What servo mount is that?

Looks great, cant wait to hear how it runs for you.

Any specific plans to protect those toes this time around?

View attachment 165393
I am not sure how practical something like this would be. I am not a big fan of ladders, definitely not that i am missing some toe-stability. A raised plateau like this would be awesome and this one is advertised as 'foldable'

1629731795044.png

I myself am most curious how good this motor with (2x)2x4S will run. I do wanna make a big leap in PB with this config.

I am not sure how practical something like this would be. I am not a big fan of ladders, definitely not that i am missing some toe-stability. A raised plateau like this would be awesome and this one is advertised as 'foldable'

View attachment 165397

I myself am most curious how good this motor with (2x)2x4S will run. I do wanna make a big leap in PB with this config.

Something like that would be great. Getting up off the ground is good and any structural area to protect you is always good.
Possibly some plywood or Lexan to protect the area where you are standing.

I like standing on the roof of my SUV personally. It puts me at 6+ feet off the ground.

Another idea I had for something more low cost would be 2 boards to make a deflection shield of sorts....

1629738316839.png

Something like that would be great. Getting up off the ground is good and any structural area to protect you is always good.
Possibly some plywood or Lexan to protect the area where you are standing.

I like standing on the roof of my SUV personally. It puts me at 6+ feet off the ground.

Another idea I had for something more low cost would be 2 boards to make a deflection shield of sorts....

View attachment 165416

My car is a bit to new to stand on top of the roof. But I'll definitely this:
I don't want to stand on the chairs/center console. But this guy seems to be able to do it from the second row. I never realized the roof goes back far enough to do so.

In my opinion any safety measure needs to be bundled with something functional, or you just stop using it. Just some unwieldy shield is gonna become an annoyance quickly. No bad toe is gonna stop that from happening... Something with an additional advantage, like increased height for better depth vision, or it just being one big control station with antenna booster, FPV display, workbench, toolbox,...
I do have a small ladder in the car, but it has the negative effect traffic lingers when they wonder what that guy is doing with a ladder in the woods. I fear if i go all out on the shield it will be whats that guy doing with a DJ booth in the woods :ROFLMAO:

My car is a bit to new to stand on top of the roof. But I'll definitely this:
I don't want to stand on the chairs/center console. But this guy seems to be able to do it from the second row. I never realized the roof goes back far enough to do so.

In my opinion any safety measure needs to be bundled with something functional, or you just stop using it. Just some unwieldy shield is gonna become an annoyance quickly. No bad toe is gonna stop that from happening... Something with an additional advantage, like increased height for better depth vision, or it just being one big control station with antenna booster, FPV display, workbench, toolbox,...
I do have a small ladder in the car, but it has the negative effect traffic lingers when they wonder what that guy is doing with a ladder in the woods. I fear if i go all out on the shield it will be whats that guy doing with a DJ booth in the woods :ROFLMAO:
I agree the additional height is a big plus and makes seeing beyond 1200 ft much easier!
But maybe get a disco ball and some strobe lights for your DJ Booth (for safety of course)

Party Reaction GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back