Infraction Rounded screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaserguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
How we doing guys bit of advice if possible coming to change the motor on my infraction and one of the bolts have rounded off nothing will fit and grip Iv never taken these screws out before on this rig I heated it up as norm to break away any glue do you think I could use a screw extractor to pull it extremely frustrated 😂 😂

This is a known issue , use a dremmel tool and cut the center of the screw head making a slot for a flathead screw driver. And upgrade those screws!! I use titanium screws with a deeper head.

IMG_20230124_143443~2.jpg

Do exactly as Liberty said. Yeah its 48 bucks for three little screw drivers but it will prevent you from having to make another post like this one lol.
Yeh I’ll go and grab one tomorrow it’s a nightmare I was hoping to hit some speeds tonight gutted much 😂

I swear Arrma has a thread lock fetish. That, combined with shallow button head screws make for rounded hexes. Next time burn it till it looks like Freddy Kruger, then a bit more.

You can drill the head out, which will detach it from the stud. Then you should be able to get some vise grips (extra extra tight) on there and unscrew it.
1675377327791.png

Wera bits are amazing. They use a unique profile that is less likely to round the head.

18A64606-B244-4248-A127-47113D9B2022.jpeg

Id not suggest titanium personally. Go for 12.9 grade high tensile steel. You would have to get a really high grade titanium bolt to compare to that.

And avoid stainless steel like the plague. You might put them in once or twice but they will round off at some point

I swear Arrma has a thread lock fetish. That, combined with shallow button head screws make for rounded hexes. Next time burn it till it looks like Freddy Kruger, then a bit more.

You can drill the head out, which will detach it from the stud. Then you should be able to get some vise grips (extra extra tight) on there and unscrew it.
View attachment 275087
And it’s fiddlesticking annoying cos like you say it doesn’t just give it abit more security it’s like trying to pull the fiddlesticking sword out of a stone and it’s a bit of a risky spot using it on the motor mounts but thank you for the advice brother

And it’s fiddlesticking annoying cos like you say it doesn’t just give it abit more security it’s like trying to pull the fiddlesticking sword out of a stone and it’s a bit of a risky spot using it on the motor mounts but thank you for the advice brother
I never even used my mount. The bottom screw rounded out on me, so just drilled out the bad screw and switched to PPS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back