Kraton Rounded wheel grub screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darvid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all just need some help for a grub screw extraction

Has anyone successfully removed a rounded grub screw from the wheel nut

I got 3 screws out easy then rounded the 4th
Like a fool I slipped and I was not square the it was too late

Would drilling it be my only option now?

I have a demel
But don’t think there is access

Iv busted a bearing and need to get it out

0917DD5F-06E5-4995-AC5F-C2ED206AF227.jpeg

E0A78876-BCFE-47D6-92AC-5C14AB5E906C.jpeg

That's what i had to do, drill it out and get another stub axle. if you heated the crap outta it you might be able to pull it but it's such a small space to work with and most easy outs are too big.

I had great results with the grabit screw extractor kit on my rc‘s. The micro kit works great and the regular kit I heard is great too. Just search for grabit by Alden.
just follow the instructions to the letter

Did you already apply heat to break the red Loctite? If not you need to do so before trying an extractor. Also drive out the hex cross pin with a punch and that will help relieve some pressure on the grub screw.

I had great succes with a cheap amazon screw for a pinion grub screw.
I have one rounded hex screw in my buggy, but managed to punch the hex pin out. Replaced the bearing and put it back together (pushed the pin back in the hex). I run it with the rounded grub screw, the only thing is that the pin is not fully secured, but I had now issues so far; the pin is held into place by the wheel.

Did you already apply heat to break the red Loctite? If not you need to do so before trying an extractor. Also drive out the hex cross pin with a punch and that will help relieve some pressure on the grub screw.
I gave this a go the pin is very tight

I drilled it out with 4mm drill bit. I needed only new grub screw.

I found the drilling action of the extractor tool heats it up enough to break the locktite, but I agree some heat first might be
I had great succes with a cheap amazon screw for a pinion grub screw.
I have one rounded hex screw in my buggy, but managed to punch the hex pin out. Replaced the bearing and put it back together (pushed the pin back in the hex). I run it with the rounded grub screw, the only thing is that the pin is not fully secured, but I had now issues so far; the pin is held into place by the wheel.
So if I get the pin out the red fitting would come away?

So if I get the pin out the red fitting would come away?
Yes. Apply a fair amount of heat to the grub screw with a mini torch lighter so that any locktite on the grub screw is pretty hot. Then take a spare pin and use a hammer to get the pin in the wheel hex out. Once out you can pull the red wheel hex off and push the CVD out and access the bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back