Kraton Rounding Out Rims. Need Good Tires/Rims for 6S...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herrsavage

Reaction score
So I have two MT4 G3s, and and a third set of tires. They have been my favorite MT tires for a long time. They have lasted forever on the MT4 G3s - on 4S, and are holding up to 5S so far in the one MT4 G3 I started running 5S in recently...

I have a new V4 Kraton, and have not run the stock tires yet. I put on a set of MT4 G3 tires, and so far have rounded out two of them. After the first one - rear right wheel nut was loosening like every run, I added threadlock to all the nuts, but yesterday it still managed to round one out... (Was just doing lots of long WOT pulls on grass ...)

Anyway, I guess I could look for some MT4 G3 tires - they come up now and then for sale here in Germany...

I have researched and seen that the Louise MT tires are probably not good due to excessive ballooning...

What about Big Joes? Too big?

Badlands 3.8?

I like the Outcast stock tires and wheels, but everything from Horizon/Aarma is too damn expensive.. Are there any other options? I have seen the stock Team Corally wheels/tires for sale...

Just looking for something durable.. I don't care about bling - I just want something which will hold up..

I have a bunch of racing truggy tires but they're too small, and the tread would just be wiped out on pavement... Thanks.

Haven’t yet. Think I will now though. Was just thinking ahead. If one of the stickers goes bad I’m not buying a whole new set...

Nope. At least check before/after each pack and you should be good.

Yeah, those wheel nuts can be a PITA. Make sure the serrated side is towards the wheel, use a good cross wrench, and torque the S@!t out of it.

I have a few rounded hexes myself, and now I always make sure, last thing before bash, is the check the wheel nuts.

As for alternate wheels/tires - the "standard" badlands are nice, but a bit smaller than stock. the Badlands MX3.8 are nice, bigger than stock, balloon a bit, but not as bad as the Louise. (also not quite as big as the Louise) Another tire I like for the Kraton is the Dakar tire for the Talion - if you can find them for a reasonable price. They are very close to "race truggie" diameter, though, so if you don't like the race truggy tire size...

When you tighten the wheels can you feel the serrations bump? 6-8 bumps in and you should never kill a rim..?.. I've yet for a wheel to come loose.. ✌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back