Rovan baja tire exploded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys I need some help with my redcat xb one of the wheels started wobbling so bad that it blew off the rim

These wheels DO NOT have holes on the inside of the rims. I did not vent them

I have another set of rovan tires with screws coming out of them and I wove a pipe tie through the tire lobbies around the tire;

Will this help?

Attachments

• 20200126_143406.jpg
    20200126_143406.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 117
:unsure:
It might.. I guess you are planning to run on ICE with those metal studs???? Metal studs don't help you otherwise. Those tires become very heavy with all that metal. Consider that and the problem you are having. Hope they are glued properly to the wheel as well!
Look around AF. There are many threads and posts regarding how tires are wrapped. Using Kevlar cord, etc.
Venting at the center of the tires tread patch is common place. And the wheel vents are taped off. ( and you have no wheel venting anyway?) Venting properly is part of your problem. IMO. That wire tie may help.:unsure: Others may chime in, but again there are other threads here discussing this. Good luck.:)

I didnt glue it as it is on the rim with screws. I am returning the tire for a replacement.

Kevlar cord? That sounds perfect. If it stops the tire from expanding then it cannot explode!
I didnt glue it as it is on the rim with screws. I am returning the tire for a replacement.

Kevlar cord? That sounds perfect. If it stops the tire from expanding then it cannot explode!

I didnt vent them as there are no holes in the rims. I vented them and it didnt help and that is when the tire exploded

ok They are beadlocks .gotya. I don't know those wheels. It must be a heavy tire.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back