Rpm a arms for 3s and 4s models, let's see your broken a arms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it interesting that RPM arms are breaking, shattering, and bending. Keep in mind that I am from the school of thought that RPM made stuff that would last and last and come back for more. I had RPM arms on my Stampede and RPM skids and arms on my E-Maxx and never once had an issue or thought that I'd run the risk of shattering them. The more I read here, the more I want to avoid the company because even "normal" use will cause them to warp. Sure, they're more flexible, but warping? Like ... just from the weight of the vehicle and mild use? Maybe RPM should use the 5-7 grams of weight that's "saved" over stock and put that into strengthening their product. Just a thought ...

Or is it that they've changed the formula of their nylon? Is it possible that stuff they produced before 2010 was just "better" and more resistant to general use than what's being made now?

It seems same plastics just thinner on design. 2 wheel drive rc trucks are light and light on power to the ground. 4s trucks will bend and warp just running rpm arms. No material for stiffness.
Horizon Hobbie bought rpm and the rest is historically a nightmare.
Once again thank you HH for buying a rc company and downgrading! They are the ?????

It seems same plastics just thinner on design. 2 wheel drive rc trucks are light and light on power to the ground. 4s trucks will bend and warp just running rpm arms. No material for stiffness.
Horizon Hobbie bought rpm and the rest is historically a nightmare.
Once again thank you HH for buying a rc company and downgrading! They are the ?????
Seems to explain why Arrma has a bunch of "cookie-cutter"-esque designs. Kind of like how Subaru was always quirky and unique, but in 2010, a lot of their models got bigger and they lost their silliness and rally vibe and just sort of ... yeah.

And wait ... HH bought RPM?!?! When did this happen? I know I've been out of the proverbial loop for a while, but this doesn't make any sense.

HH bought rpm around 2017 I think.
Subaru had no other choice to go bigger, just to compete with other car makers and the market. They did good!
HH owns a few companies that are sold on their web site. You'll be surprised what they own in the rc world. They might own pro boat now to. I might be wrong. Last 2 or 3 years HH bought pro boat

I was surprised to see Axial under the HH banner. That, above every other brand, had me floored.

I guess the biggest thing and take away is ... I wanted to genuinely love RPM and with all of the problems I see Arrma vehicles having with RPM arms ... I don't think I'll ever use their product outside of what I have now. This legit bums me out. Someone else needs to pick up the banner and be "RPM" before RPM was bought. Having options is never bad.

Yea it seems HH has left axil as is so far. Maybe HH learned a lesson. I felt the same with rpm. Had the arms on my baja 5b ss thicker than stock alot thicker. My blitz I saw a big difference, 6 lbs truck only rear arms couldn't find front. Every chance they get to buy a company, done deal. $ 18.00 for to rpm not worth it to me. V2 arms are being ordered w/ longer rods from jennies rc.

Just before the v2 came out . I almost ordered aluminum suspension arms and traxxass suspension rods with to allen head on it. Just to make sure the suspension rod to not pull out of the red aluminum retaining plate and break the chassi. This would of been a $100 investment. I'm glad I did not. Traxxass parts on a arrms🤢🤮🤧

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back