RPM arms and you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gananaphone

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi everyone, I'm a relative newbie to RC, and to Arrma. I bought a Granite BLX back in February to start off in this ridiculously fun hobby. Overall, I've been happy with my decision on the Granite. Lately, I've been having the itch to get another -- 4wd -- truck, and I've had my eye on the Senton for some time. Probably looking to get one after Christmas.

Anyway...

I'm really glad I found these boards as they've helped me a lot over the past few months with upgrades and general maintenance. After breaking a couple sets of A arms I decided it was time to get the RPM counterparts. I received them, and installed the front immediately to replace the broken set. Right away I noticed that they were a bit different from the stockers(probably a good thing for the most part). One thing that had me concerned was the bit that connects to the chassis and held in place with the hinge pin. On the stock arms there is a second, shallower, hole next to the bit that the hinge pin goes through. There is also a tiny screw that goes in there seemingly to prevent the hinge pin from working its way out. The RPM counterpart lacks this second hole.

With all that being said, today I was bashing at the beach with my grandfather and he crashed the truck into the fence around the dunes and the pin worked its way out of the arm leaving the wheel flailing around. He thought the truck was destroyed and was prepared to make the two hour drive to the LHS to repair it. The LHS doesn't carry Arrma parts to start with, so I told him to forget about it, and that it would be a simple fix -- and it was. I'm wondering if there are other enthusiasts out there that have replaced their arms with the RPMs, and had similar troubles.

How do you secure the hinge pins?
Is this something that I just need to keep an eye on, and tap back in from time to time?

I thought about drilling the aforementioned second hole, and putting a screw in there. My grandfather suggested a piece of duct tape.

Thank you for reading this, and thanks in advance for any ideas!

TL: DR - Hinge pins popped out of my RPM arms, how do you keep'em in?

So, after receiving the screw hinge pins. I discovered that both the front suspension mount and front body mount were broken. Time to get some more wrenching in. It's been a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back