Rpm arms on my v2 ktaton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
My kraton has a very chassis and diff housings. I installed new arms on the rear and it is binding before I even get the hinge pin bolts tight. The arms appear so sit crooked on the hinge pins and the arms both rub on the front of the diff housing. Anyone else have this problem? I know I could take a Dremel to the arms, but I shouldn't need to.

Attachments

• IMG_20190221_170622.jpg
    IMG_20190221_170622.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20190221_170635.jpg
    IMG_20190221_170635.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 79
They fit that way on my outcast as well. It was recommended by a few that you have to dremel them a bit so they don't rub, which is what I did.

Last edited:
That seems very strange to me.....

They are installed as they are labeled. I asked on the Arrma FB page and some said it was common. A Dremel fixed it in seconds. I'm also now concerned about the droop screws location. It's different from stock and may cause faster wear on the M2C chassis.

Definitely had this exact same thing happen to me. V3 Kraton purchased in January 2019, RPM arms purchased at the same time. I took out the rub spot with a Dremel and a sanding wheel. I also agree that they should fiddle with their mold or their tolerances to make this not happen.

I read an earlier thread that had a response from RPM saying 1) Arrma changed something on their end making it not fit and 2) your warranty is still good even after dremeling the rub spot

What’s wrong with the M2C droop screw spot? I have to imagine most M2C Kraton chassis owners will also already be using RPM arms

Definitely had this exact same thing happen to me. V3 Kraton purchased in January 2019, RPM arms purchased at the same time. I took out the rub spot with a Dremel and a sanding wheel. I also agree that they should fiddle with their mold or their tolerances to make this not happen.

I read an earlier thread that had a response from RPM saying 1) Arrma changed something on their end making it not fit and 2) your warranty is still good even after dremeling the rub spot

What’s wrong with the M2C droop screw spot? I have to imagine most M2C Kraton chassis owners will also already be using RPM arms

I will have to try and remember this.....probably won't though....I have the V3 Kraton and as set of rear RPM's on the shelf as my backup spares for when I bust up the originals

They don't line up with the stock location. One thing M2C did to prevent wear is to install steel inserts into the chassis where the stock droop screws hit. With the rear RPM arms, they will hit the aluminum instead of the steel inserts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back