Kraton Rpm arms what’s the deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They answered...

“ Dear Mr (name removed),

Traxxas is the biggest name in radio control. It's a silly slogan but it's also a cold hard truth. Our product line for Traxxas vehicles tends to sell quite a bit more than our ARRMA line but more importantly, Traxxas rarely changes their vehicles. For example, our a-arms for the Traxxas Slash 2wd have been around for well over a decade and are one of our top selling parts. Additionally, colors other than black aren't nearly as popular so their sales are lower. Since our Traxxas products have shelf-life and longevity, we can offer additional colors without fear of a loss (American-made molds are not cheap to build) because we know how long they'll stick around.

As for ARRMA, the Kraton 6S, for example, has only been around for 4 or 5 years and it's already on version #4. Every time they make a change, our products stand a chance of no longer fitting, which means we can be stuck with product on the shelf that may never sell. Because of that, we're cautious with the ARRMA line. Don't get us wrong, we're still kicking out more and more parts for the ARRMA line, but most of them will be black with the possibility of blue, but since other color options aren't nearly as popular as black and blue, it is unlikely we will release additional color choices in the foreseeable future. I hope you understand our perspective on this topic.

Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.”

I don't get it. They are saying the Kraton changes versions but the A Arms have always stayed the same. This is a crap excuse

That’s not what he’s saying.
He’s saying there’s less demand for the parts for Arrma, and they revise their products frequently. They’re worried if they start producing other colors on a low volume, low demand part now, and next year Arrma changes the part, they will have a problem with stock they can’t move.
The way stuff gets made is in large batches and only on an occasional basis. So they’ll make say 1000 sets of something. When they get more requests and have no more stock, they make another batch of more (or less) of that part based on the expected demand. Make too little and you run out and piss people off. Make too many and you go broke. It’s a tricky proposition either way they go at it.
And some items are only made in a single batch of whatever size, and never made again. Some toys, cloths, and the like.

Those are nice, but I’d play it safe and go with these....

7FF6FFC8-43ED-48A3-BCF2-DEB40030E3DB.jpeg

I do a lot of Lego work.

If only that were the case...
They just don’t grip other bricks as well and are more brittle.
Your best bet on foot pain is only step on the round ones.
Or, alternately, wear shoes.
heck even those can hurt if they are bottom side up!

That’s not what he’s saying.
He’s saying there’s less demand for the parts for Arrma, and they revise their products frequently. They’re worried if they start producing other colors on a low volume, low demand part now, and next year Arrma changes the part, they will have a problem with stock they can’t move.
The way stuff gets made is in large batches and only on an occasional basis. So they’ll make say 1000 sets of something. When they get more requests and have no more stock, they make another batch of more (or less) of that part based on the expected demand. Make too little and you run out and piss people off. Make too many and you go broke. It’s a tricky proposition either way they go at it.
And some items are only made in a single batch of whatever size, and never made again. Some toys, cloths, and the like.
However all of the changes that have been made kept backwards compatibility with the older models, the only exception I know of is the battery tray, if you have an OG V1 or V2 Kraton, Talion, Typhon or Senton chassis you need to drill some holes to accommodate the new battery tray, but all of the current parts will bolt right on as long as you have all of the correct parts to do so. My Outcast was a V1 and I never once had an issue adding the newer parts onto my vehicle. So them stating that Arrma revises their products makes zero difference in their reasoning behind offering different colors.

Them being worried about selling said parts is probably the biggest deciding factor.

It’s not backwards compatibility that worries them. It’s future changes to design. They may never change future arm types and always keep BC. But RPM doesn’t know that now. Anodized aluminum is your best bet for colors, or a good flexible plastic paint and good prep work.

I bugged them about red arms a while back. It’s cause Traxxas needs replacement parts more often than Arrma. [Edit: wait, no, I take that back. Those parts don’t break. They’re RPM.]

They answered...

“ Dear Mr (name removed),

Traxxas is the biggest name in radio control. It's a silly slogan but it's also a cold hard truth. Our product line for Traxxas vehicles tends to sell quite a bit more than our ARRMA line but more importantly, Traxxas rarely changes their vehicles. For example, our a-arms for the Traxxas Slash 2wd have been around for well over a decade and are one of our top selling parts. Additionally, colors other than black aren't nearly as popular so their sales are lower. Since our Traxxas products have shelf-life and longevity, we can offer additional colors without fear of a loss (American-made molds are not cheap to build) because we know how long they'll stick around.

As for ARRMA, the Kraton 6S, for example, has only been around for 4 or 5 years and it's already on version #4. Every time they make a change, our products stand a chance of no longer fitting, which means we can be stuck with product on the shelf that may never sell. Because of that, we're cautious with the ARRMA line. Don't get us wrong, we're still kicking out more and more parts for the ARRMA line, but most of them will be black with the possibility of blue, but since other color options aren't nearly as popular as black and blue, it is unlikely we will release additional color choices in the foreseeable future. I hope you understand our perspective on this topic.

Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.”
Have to admit, that's the most honest and down to earth response I've read from a parts manufacturer. Good on them. Still don't make me want to buy a TraxxASS. :p
Finally product...let them chill for awhile before install
Nawice.....But blue's faster. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back