Kraton Rpm arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi guys, I love rpm stuff, my Revo would have been set on fire long ago without their stuff replacing traxxas's cruddy plastics.

I do remember bending cvds though with rpm arms, admittedly traxxas's cvds are much much thinner than the Kraton shafts.

Those of you that air your Kraton out do you find that the rpm arms cause any other damage?

I haven't noticed it on my outcast. I do know what you mean though.

I had issues running RPM arms on my savage. They would flex so much on landing with a 4 shock setup that they would twist the shock end so far that it would snap the end right off. I had that happen 5-6 times then gave up and put stock HPI arms back on. I haven't busted a shock end since... but I have broken 2 arms... I got my savage flux used and it had RPM arms on it. I was kind of glad as I never ran RPM on a savage before. Figured I wouldn't have to worry about arms for a long while.

Just got tired of spending $16 on a parts tree for 4 shock ends. Especially when HPI parts were hard to come by.

I guess if I ran a typical 8 shock setup, it would probably be ok since the presure would be on both sides of the arm and it would be less likely to twist.

Twist or not, I've aired my outcast out far greater than I ever did my savage or revo and everything seems fine. Other than the typical shock end stretching that is known with most arrma trucks. I replaced my ends with tekno on the rear and a test with dubro on the front 5 months ago and they still are as good as new. The arrma ones only lasted a month or so and the front ones were all egged out.

I replaced the front arms on my Kraton last night after breaking one of the stock ones.....will test it out this weekend and if there is a problem I will let you know. I picked up arms for the rear as well but I won’t swap them out until the stock ones break or cause problems....hopefully all will be good

I normally RPM everything especially Traxxas but I must say the Kraton arms are crazy durable. Been flying high in cold weather landing on park bench and nothing! I finally had a bad landing on the front arm. broke front bulkhead and upper arm popped out the knuckle. Even bent the upper hing pin but Arms are perfect!!!

Attachments

• 440E724F-CCC8-4439-BFE4-983C39284BF9.jpeg
    440E724F-CCC8-4439-BFE4-983C39284BF9.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 47DDC7A7-7627-4AF8-B884-4E23D48CA551.jpeg
    47DDC7A7-7627-4AF8-B884-4E23D48CA551.jpeg
    546.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back