Kraton RPM - Arrma 6s V5 / EXB A-arms!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you're running a heavy Kraton and Dan is running a heavy Mojave, and I'm running a lightened Talion. Maybe that's the discrepancy here 🤣
Nah, mon. My Kra-ton be irie, but she no' overweight! She weigh like stock, but fly high like sensi. Dem noodle arms are no' skookum.

Oh another thing is the ambient temperature.
Nah, mon. My Kra-ton be irie, but she no' overweight! She weigh like stock, but fly high like sensi. Dem noodle arms are no' skookum.
Actually that reminds me for some reason. I'm also in CANADA and it's very cold here. I've been running the Talion in single digits C and sometimes even zero degrees C. So the RPM parts don't feel soft here. Maybe the cold makes the stock EXB too brittle, and the RPM parts perform very well indeed.

All of a sudden it makes sense why different people are having different experiences.

Science yo 😎 💪🙌 go team!

Actually that reminds me for some reason. I'm also in CANADA and it's very cold here. I've been running the Talion in single digits C and sometimes even zero degrees C. So the RPM parts don't feel soft here. Maybe the cold makes the stock EXB too brittle, and the RPM parts perform very well indeed.

All of a sudden it makes sense why different people are having different experiences.

Science yo 😎 💪🙌 go team!
That is definitely a thing. Temperature affects our rigs greatly. Snow runs break stuff without much cause, and in warm weather I don't see as much plastic breakage. Crashing into walls doesn't count, that breaks plastics purely as punishment for twitchy finger syndrome.

I am curious @21STalion .. if you're using a lightened talion(basher) to race, why not start with a race level rig? I think you're starting in last place by using a talion as a racer,but It's your dime so cool..however race rigs are notoriously stiff and light for consistent and precise handling which doesn't make a good basher. Why would you want to get rid off the stiff Arrma arms and replace them with likely heavier and more flexible RPM arms that are also more expensive? It's your choice for sure,but doesn't make sense to me.
Most would have a racing rig AND a basher. One can be both,but likely won't excel at either. Just my pinion..

I am curious @21STalion .. if you're using a lightened talion(basher) to race, why not start with a race level rig? I think you're starting in last place by using a talion as a racer,but It's your dime so cool..however race rigs are notoriously stiff and light for consistent and precise handling which doesn't make a good basher. Why would you want to get rid off the stiff Arrma arms and replace them with likely heavier and more flexible RPM arms that are also more expensive? It's your choice for sure,but doesn't make sense to me.
Most would have a racing rig AND a basher. One can be both,but likely won't excel at either. Just my pinion..
Built this one last week. Spared no expense, on either rig :)
IMG_20220507_023543.jpg

IMG_20220509_012523.jpg

Not a serious racer. But we race daily for fun. Not many other Truggies out there and I am neck and neck with the 1/8th scale buggies.

We have plenty of fun, for the kids too.

Built this one last week. Spared no expense, on either rig :)
View attachment 217203
View attachment 217204

Not a serious racer. But we race daily for fun. Not many other Truggies out there and I am neck and neck with the 1/8th scale buggies.

We have plenty of fun, for the kids too.
Oh yeah, I do remember seeing this one. Don't take offense, I think the talion and the Kyosho are bas ass🤘 Nice work👍

Science yo 😎 💪🙌 go team!
Dude, I’m in VERMONT, also cold, and in all caps. I bash all winter long. And I don’t just have a Mojave, I’m also running an Outcast, a Granite and two 6s Typhons among my other brands of cars. And who weighs their car with the wheels off? Weigh it ready to run with the body sans batteries. That’s the weight of your car. And make sure you put on those Vitavon rims with those gnarly tires, ok? Didn’t it weigh like 14 pounds in your bash mode setup with all aluminum everything and those Vitavon rims on it? I guarantee you if you set your car up that way, put on RPM lower arms, and set it on a shelf for two weeks you’ll come back and see your RPM arms bowing like a rope bridge over a wide river with three bears in the middle of it. That’s why I don’t like RPM arms. When I talk about them on “heavier” rigs I’m talking about the 6s Arrma line. I just personally have never had a set that wasn’t bowed in short order, even in the winter. I guess because I bring my trucks in, clean them, and put them on a shelf in my basement, which is probably maybe 60° Fahrenheit in winter? Even then they still bow. I have a set still on the front of one 2wd Slash I very seldom use and those have not bowed. It’s light though.

Yes, definitely! RPM arms rock on 1/10th scale. Too flexy for 1/8th rigs, multiplied by the Kraton arm length. RPM's plastic formula does not scale up very well.
Have RPM arms on my 1/10 Big Rock and they are bent like a banana. Have lasted longer than the stock arms have but are bent like hell.

My RPM arms on my Big Rock have been great. They have lasted longer then the stock. I do store all my RC's on stands so the tires are off the ground though. Its better on all the suspension components. I do this with my dirt bikes also. I have not tried RPM arms on my Talion but will consider it if the stock ones keep breaking.

My thing is, all the stock plastics are cheap. They break eventually with impacts, but they don’t bend and you can swap them quickly.

My RPM arms on my Big Rock have been great. They have lasted longer then the stock. I do store all my RC's on stands so the tires are off the ground though. Its better on all the suspension components. I do this with my dirt bikes also. I have not tried RPM arms on my Talion but will consider it if the stock ones keep breaking.
True that, always off the ground and wheels in plastic bags to keep the rubber soft!

True that, always off the ground and wheels in plastic bags to keep the rubber soft!
I found some really cool cork yoga blocks at Target for cheap, they make great stands. I never pull my wheels though.

this was an interesting write up as ive heard of the rpms being weak too, having a kraton 6s at 16#'s , i myself put on some gpm aluminum arms on but i think im going back to stock, as i think theyre causing more problems elsewhere, although pointing out the weak points to encourage beefing up to aluminum hinge brackets and keeping the plastic arms for flex ect...and I have to admit I was still curious if these newer plastic arms offered for the v5 from gpm in cool colors, were any different than the typical bowing, but I think a few of you cleared it up, in a pretty amusing manner too, lol. Thanks!!

Working on a wall mounted system. Have 8 cars now....🤣
I saw a YT vid from Tomley RC where he used a simple setup of what appears to be a 2x4 on the wall..might give that a go. Easy enough to take back down if it doesn't.. I better get the high grade lumber tho,wifey won't appreciate a low grade 2x4 with muddy rc's hanging in the family room of our trailer..

Working on a wall mounted system. Have 8 cars now....🤣
I have a basically unused single car garage beneath my house that has an old track car of mine that hasn’t seen the road/track in over 10 years, and every other nook and cranny is filled with junk. We just built a big barn with a two bay last year and a full upstairs, and when I’m done drywalling it all my lower garage gets cleaned out and I’ll put in a proper work area. Wall mounting really isn’t an option for me right now, but even later I might keep the whole foam blocks on shelves thing going, I like how the cars look on the shelves. I have 12 runners, two builds going, and a couple more in boxes.
I saw a YT vid from Tomley RC where he used a simple setup of what appears to be a 2x4 on the wall..might give that a go. Easy enough to take back down if it doesn't.. I better get the high grade lumber tho,wifey won't appreciate a low grade 2x4 with muddy rc's hanging in the family room of our trailer..
If you get the #1 pine 2x4’s and sand/stain them they look great. The muddy cars are a different problem…😊

I have a basically unused single car garage beneath my house that has an old track car of mine that hasn’t seen the road/track in over 10 years, and every other nook and cranny is filled with junk. We just built a big barn with a two bay last year and a full upstairs, and when I’m done drywalling it all my lower garage gets cleaned out and I’ll put in a proper work area. Wall mounting really isn’t an option for me right now, but even later I might keep the whole foam blocks on shelves thing going, I like how the cars look on the shelves. I have 12 runners, two builds going, and a couple more in boxes.

If you get the #1 pine 2x4’s and sand/stain them they look great. The muddy cars are a different problem…😊
Man cave!!🤘👌😎🍻 Sweet!! Good for you👍
I was kidding about the family room trailer,I have a pole barn that serves as my man cave. Even has concrete floor and heat..now needs AC😁 My rc's don't go in the house,she would have an issue with that for sure😱🤬
I have 9 runners and about 5 non running relics,plus a half dozen of my brother's rigs atm in the man cave..and a seven up mustang,crotch rocket,coal stove,wood stove and a pile of other 💩 clogging up the man cave..guess I'm a hoarder!!🤣🤣🍻

Back