Kraton RPM - Arrma 6s V5 / EXB A-arms!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well..as always, I had to open my fat mouth!!🤣🤣 Broke an upper arm on the kexb this weekend!! Operator error, tree jumped out in front of me, but frustrating just the same, popped the lower pivot ball on same side so I suppose I should replace the hub as well?
Did it break on the same spot?

Hub might be okay. I've popped them in before (the correct way in) and keep on building/driving.
Hell, even on a 1/10 rig the rpm typhon rears droop bad. So bad that I can run short cvds with no issue. But I don’t jump this truck much, it’s my thrash truck. If they were on a car I jumped they’d be worthless So on my other two cars with typhon arms I run stock without issue.

As for the one 10th scale short arms…I have to replace them every 4-6 months or boil and flatten them out. So I don’t buy rpm arms anymore. Once I’m done with them I’ll stick with stock arms off of Jenny’s. Except for this truck, they work on it

View attachment 218699
Well a bend like that is completely unacceptable.

That had never happened to me though 🤷

But I keep my RCs with the wheels off and in bags and the arms are off the ground. It's also not hot here... Maybe they bend if you keep it with the wheels loaded or in a warm place?

I mostly keep the wheels off the ground to avoid flat spots in the foams and so the springs don't compress.

They look straight to me

IMG_20220522_152007.jpg

These arms have been there for months. It's only the uppers I've been changing. But have only broke the EXB uppers, never any others. And always on the EXACT same spot

Last edited:
Did it break on the same spot?

Hub might be okay. I've popped them in before (the correct way in) and keep on building/driving.

Well a bend like that is completely unacceptable.

That had never happened to me though 🤷

But I keep my RCs with the wheels off and in bags and the arms are off the ground. It's also not hot here... Maybe they bend if you keep it with the wheels loaded or in a warm place?

I mostly keep the wheels off the ground to avoid flat spots in the foams and so the springs don't compress.

They look straight to me

View attachment 219161

These arms have been there for months. It's only the uppers I've been changing. But have only broke the EXB uppers, never any others. And always on the EXACT same spot
Yup, same spot as the others have been breaking, at the arch. I was thinking I will at least try to reuse the hub once. If it pops again, I'll replace it. My bro has forced them back in on his revo, iknow that's not how they go together. I will unscrew the pivot ball and reinstall the correct way.

Anyone heard a date yet when front and rear are available? prefer to swap them all out in one go
Fronts are available now through RPM directly. Got a set myself. I've replaced just one of the broken upper controls arms on my KEXB with the new RPM arm to start with. I'll replace the rest when the stock ones break. I've heard rears might be coming but never seen a release date.

guys, what about the rear arms ? have RPM made these ?

I have convert self with v4 rpm rear arms my EXB 6S, this is long time ago, i believe i did need change the rear metal pins also to older ones

the stock arms are extra horror in cold winter weather, they snap like 20year old dry pasta, like nothing. RPM is 100% must have if you
drive winter

ARRMA need check out their plastic mix, and do some cold weather testing.
All arrma a arms are junk, i snap them all at normal jumps when it is cold, snow outside.
8s, 4s, 6s, 3s, only junk.
RPM have Always work perfekt, no matter cold or hot.

Arrma must self start doing cold test before release, they need fix the plastic stuff to better one, another chemical mix
until this they can remove the TOUGH stickers from the cars and logos

Last edited:
guys, what about the rear arms ? have RPM made these ?

I have convert self with v4 rpm rear arms my EXB 6S, this is long time ago, i believe i did need change the rear metal pins also to older ones

the stock arms are extra horror in cold winter weather, they snap like 20year old dry pasta, like nothing. RPM is 100% must have if you
drive winter

ARRMA need check out their plastic mix, and do some cold weather testing.
All arrma a arms are junk, i snap them all at normal jumps when it is cold, snow outside.
8s, 4s, 6s, 3s, only junk.
RPM have Always work perfekt, no matter cold or hot.

Arrma must self start doing cold test before release, they need fix the plastic stuff to better one, another chemical mix
until this they can remove the TOUGH stickers from the cars and logos
Plastic is brittle at cold temperatures. Everyone knows this. Common knowledge. When you break stock plastic parts in the winter that is driver error....not Arrmas fault. If you want absolute indestructible plastic on a stock rig the price will go up exponentially then everyone will complain about the cost.

Easy solution. Don't drive your rig aggressively in cold temperatures and you won't break the stock plastic parts. Common sense !!!

So the consensus here is that the RPM arms are quite good for the 6S and not so much for the 3S line? Was about to get some spares, after seeing this thread seems like RPM is the way to go. I actually really like that the front uppers have a keyed hole on the truck side.

A little flex for the uppers seems like a good thing.

Has anyone tried boiling the stock arms? One of these day I will try it out :cool:

So the consensus here is that the RPM arms are quite good for the 6S and not so much for the 3S line?
My take is the opposite. The added weight of the 6s rigs causes them to bend upwards when they sit on a shelf, and this seems to be compounded on the rigs with longer arms. I like the Arrma arms just fine. Cheap and easy, just like I like my women.

Has anyone had the new V5/EXB RPM Arms bend on them? I have seen lots of complaints on the 3S line and even 6S V4 and older.

I got some for K6 exb before I heard anything about flex issues. I haven't needed to install them yet. I will definitely be giving feedback as soon as I have some. 👍🏼

I got some for K6 exb before I heard anything about flex issues. I haven't needed to install them yet. I will definitely be giving feedback as soon as I have some. 👍🏼
A buddy of mine has rpm on one side of the front and stock on the other. Running 8s 4985 1250kv. Been like that for a year he doesn't seem to care.

I have all 4 RPM arms for the V5/EXB, and I can't speak on their durability seeing as how I don't bash hard/jump. I can say though, they they are NOT like the V4 ones. These things are stout in feel, and absolutely have not drooped/bent even a little. They're WAY thicker than the previous, and the material doesn't have any give. This may make them more brittle, idk. Regardless, I trust the front arms over stock, but it's the rears that are in question. They don't have near enough material around the droop screw area. So, if I were to get them again, I'd get the fronts in black, and use stock for the rear. Mine are all in red. They're supporting a HEAVY K6 running 8s. Everything is upgraded. M2C everything with a 4092 and Max 6.

I have all 4 RPM arms for the V5/EXB, and I can't speak on their durability seeing as how I don't bash hard/jump. I can say though, they they are NOT like the V4 ones. These things are stout in feel, and absolutely have not drooped/bent even a little. They're WAY thicker than the previous, and the material doesn't have any give. This may make them more brittle, idk. Regardless, I trust the front arms over stock, but it's the rears that are in question. They don't have near enough material around the droop screw area. So, if I were to get them again, I'd get the fronts in black, and use stock for the rear. Mine are all in red. They're supporting a HEAVY K6 running 8s. Everything is upgraded. M2C everything with a 4092 and Max 6.
Thanks for sharing that, it’s great to hear. I learned to hate the older RPM arms over time due to the excessive flex, the sagging, and the droop screw issue. The older arms should have had some sort of insert for the droop screws. They stripped far too easily and actually punched through on one occasion in my Mojave.
I went back to stock arms for every one of my off-road Arrmas.
I may actually give the new RPM arms another shake!

I've been considering the RPM arms for my Arrma's. I wish we didn't have to buy upper and lower as a set.. I want to try the front uppers. I'm tired of the Arrma slop. Their arms are plenty strong for my use, but the plastic wears too quickly at the pivot pins. Wondering if the RPM material is more wear resistant?

Maybe it's not actually wear of the Arrma material? Could be stretched? Either way, I'm not a fan of the Arrma slop. Corally either. My Xmaxx does not exhibit this slop, nor do my brothers ERevo or Sludge. One thing TRX has definitely done better with than Arrma or TC IMO.

I've been considering the RPM arms for my Arrma's. I wish we didn't have to buy upper and lower as a set.. I want to try the front uppers. I'm tired of the Arrma slop. Their arms are plenty strong for my use, but the plastic wears too quickly at the pivot pins. Wondering if the RPM material is more wear resistant?

Maybe it's not actually wear of the Arrma material? Could be stretched? Either way, I'm not a fan of the Arrma slop. Corally either. My Xmaxx does not exhibit this slop, nor do my brothers ERevo or Sludge. One thing TRX has definitely done better with than Arrma or TC IMO.
I use thin PTFE washers to shim the arms and it’s possible to get them virtually slop free. I do this to all of my road cars, but seldom in my off-road bashers.

I use thin PTFE washers to shim the arms and it’s possible to get them virtually slop free. I do this to all of my road cars, but seldom in my off-road bashers.
I might try shimming my upper arms, not sure how much benefit I'll see. I can't detect any forward or rearward movement of the arms on the hinge pins, but out at the pivot balls, OMG sloppy!! What I think is happening is the holes in the arms get hogged out. Rather quickly too.

Back